News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to pick a train

Started by usmc03, March 22, 2010, 01:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usmc03

Ok,
So I got a cheezy layout built, the boy likes it though and now I would like to pick a steam engine.  I have no clue on how to do this, nor do I no anything about them. 

I just know I saw one at the club this weekend and liked it cause it made sounds and was neat looking.  All I know it was a Spectra (?) type engine.  Also, I am liking the looks of military transport cars and such.  Where do I start searching for that type of stuff?  I found one at the local shop but would like a few more.

I just purchase my first DCC engine which is an Alaska RR Bicentennial F7 made by Intermountain Railway company.  It is cool looking and makes sound which the boy likes.  All I have to do is get it running.
Thanks

Terry Toenges

Semper fi Grunt.
Spectrum is the word you're looking for and they are made by Bachmann.
Feel like a Mogul.

ABC

Get a Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 Consolidation with DCC and sound it is not that expensive and runs great.

RAM

Am I correct that the Spectrum 2-8-0 Consolidation is no long a Spectrum but in the regular line.

pdlethbridge

usmc03

I am looking now.  To many things to choose from.

ABC

Quote from: RAM on March 22, 2010, 04:13:58 PM
Am I correct that the Spectrum 2-8-0 Consolidation is no long a Spectrum but in the regular line.
The 2-8-0 w/DCC and sound is still in the Spectrum Line whereas the standard DCC 2-8-0 is in the standard line