Is There Such a Thing As Automated DCC Operation?

Started by BradKT, March 08, 2010, 08:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

Yeah that's an old trick I use, I usually mark it personal and confidential.

Anyway back to automation, I didn't want to wait three weeks of shipping time to get the rail truck, so I ordered another from the favoritespot. it was $7.00 cheaper. I'll deal with Walthers when the get the item back.

I have a New Grandson on the way so I am building a small circle layout to go next to his crib, if the automation works it will be installed on that, I just hope I can get it working with an EZ comand system.

This thread has me Chaffing at the bit for DCC, I don't know why the thought of proto automated starts and stops has got me so anxious for Dcc. a couple weeks ago I was saying "Who needs that mess".   

It's so easy to automate DC with just a simple solid state timer and a couple gaps cut in one rail, I hope the affects from the DCC are worth the extra work.

NM

NarrowMinded

HI,
I received my Rail Truck, I have the timer circuit put together, I have the "reed" switch in stalled in the Ez Track sections for the stop area. now a couple Questions.

I have the rail truck with the DCC/ACC decoder factory in stalled. Does it have the stop on DC feature?

Is "stop on dc a default setting?

I have not Bought a DCC control system yet, Can I use a EZ Command System to program the "Stop on Dc" feature if needed?

I would like to start cheap for this experiment, if I like DCC I will give the EZ command to my Nephew and upgrade to something better.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now... if the bachmann decoder does not stop and decel  on DC which decoder would be best for this, I will likely put it in my non dcc 2-6-0

I read Jim's post about the Digitrax "Brake generator"  

Can the EZ command program the Brake generator feature?

Or will I need a better programmer?

I'm on a mission to get this done. I'm off to read the Digitrax manual mentioned

NM

Added: read the digitrax manual... looks like I will be buying a digitrax system.

ABC

Quote from: NarrowMinded on March 23, 2010, 12:35:48 AMI have not Bought a DCC control system yet, Can I use a EZ Command System to program the "Stop on Dc" feature if needed?
I would like to start cheap for this experiment, if I like DCC I will give the EZ command to my Nephew and upgrade to something better.
Can the EZ command program the Brake generator feature?
Or will I need a better programmer?
Added: read the digitrax manual... looks like I will be buying a digitrax system.
Yeah, the E-Z Command cannot do program advanced CVs, Digitrax makes a solid system.