News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

So, What's Next?

Started by Gunslinger_Fur, March 23, 2010, 04:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunslinger_Fur

Dear Mr. Bach-man,

I've been very enthusiastic with the On30 locomotives and rolling stock you have produced thus far. I am particularly looking forward to getting one of the new Drover's Cabooses. (I think that's what they're called)

But is it at all possible to give us any hints as to what's to come? I'm just a tad bit curious. If you can't I can understand, It would be nice to see a Heisler to complete the two other geared steam locomotives you have!  ;D
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".

max (uk)

Quote from: Gunslinger_Fur on March 23, 2010, 04:22:39 PMIt would be nice to see a Heisler to complete the two other geared steam locomotives you have!  ;D

Commence Heisler froth fest. ;D

Yes I would like one too, even though I have a kit one (thats how much I wanted one!). Make it a West Side one please!

Linzthom

;D ;D Sssshhhh!! ;D ;D. Don't mention the 'H' word. You might jinx us getting one. I've started to scratch build one in the hope that as soon as you start doing that type of thing it'll come out as a production model ::) ::)

Lindsay T
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

sd90mac

Or an EBT 2-8-2 would be nice, maybe #12 to keep it small.  Maybe I should start scratchbuilding one and we'll get both!

Tomcat

H...... - no, I´m not saying the H-word again... ;) ;) ;)
Maybe something geared we Loggers out there in the world miss enourmously...?

Cheers, Tom

...or a SR&RL No.24...

railtwister

Hopefully "what's next" will be a good fix (not just the same old parts that break) for ALL the Bachmann loco's that suffer with broken gear syndrome. If it would make this happen sooner, I personally would be just as happy to not see ANY new releases until it happens. I mean, does anyone REALLY want a new locomotive (even a Heisler) that is going to be out of the box and then out of service in no time due to cracked gears? I certainly don't!

Bachmann's reputation has been seriously damaged by this gear problem and their lack of response to it. It's a shame, because up to now, their products have come a long way.

Bill

Linzthom

Yeah Bill, I'd really LOVE a "H", even it had stuffed gears straight from the box. At least we have something to look at and possibly fix. Mind you, NWSL would soon make a killing 'fixing' the problem with replacements ;D ;D ;D

Lindsay

El Loco

Quote from: Linzthom on April 14, 2010, 07:23:23 PM
Yeah Bill, I'd really LOVE a "H", even it had stuffed gears straight from the box. At least we have something to look at and possibly fix. Mind you, NWSL would soon make a killing 'fixing' the problem with replacements ;D ;D ;D

Lindsay
Not to be nasty but... If a killing were to be made by producing replacement gears wouldn't we have seen some by now? Its been how long with this never ending issue?  One, two maybe three years running?
I wished I had never invested into 0n30.
Best regards fellow modelers.

mabloodhound

Hold on now.   I have heard that Bachmann is actually sending out some new gears for trial tests to a few customers.
This may be the answer everyone was looking for.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

El Loco

;)  Brother Dave, My broiler went cold a long time ago. It might be a hard  start at this point. I'll try stoking the coals one more time.

Linzthom

;D ;D "Broiler" ?? Are thinking of cooking it. Or has that been done already????   ::) ::) ::)

El Loco

;)  The steam head hasn't any pressure due to the fire in the fire box going out.  :)

Mister Lee

I'm hoping for a tank engine that's larger than the Porters, a modest 2-6-2, or something about the size of Argentina's Patagonian 2-8-2s, but I can wait.

Royce Wilson

A Mason Bogie 2-6-6T...WOW!

:oRoyce Wilson

C.S.R.R. Manager

Bachmann never hints at new releases beyond, "Some people are going to be excited...Anticipate!"  The first hard evidence we sometimes get is a premature release of entries in the Walthers database, or maybe some photos from a shop in Japan, but that's usually a day or two before an announcement.  So, we will all have to wait and see, and comment, and wish, and anticipate.

Manager