News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 loco idea

Started by beriev12, March 23, 2010, 06:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beriev12

What's the chances of producing a model in On30 of one of the Australian Victorian Railways/ Puffing Billy Baldwin-Newport 2-6-2 T locos?? I reckon this could be a best seller...

Royce Wilson

I wish we had more articles produced on the Aussies narrow gauge lines as they are just fasinating. don't take me wrong I love Colorado railroads with all my heart, but you can only take so many Ophir loops before it gets old. I remember once speaking to a man named Mallory Hope Ferrell( my favorite author) at a local train show and he explained to me that their is no such thing as a ugly narrow gauge steam engine and his zeal for anything steam was catching and lifelong. bring on the Puffing Billy. ;D

Royce Wilson

LurchBird

Beriev,
All I can say is to keep asking. A bunch of folks here have been asking for a 2-6-2 in multiple flavors for a while, whether inside frame or outside frame, tank version or with tender. Here is a thread I started 1 1/2 years ago:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,6254.msg52809.html#msg52809

Here is a thread a bit more recent:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,12466.msg100695.html#msg100695

I hope we see an offering soon!

Mark

Hamish K

Note that there was a 30 inch gauge OF side tank in Hawaii that was very similar (though not identical) to the Puffing Billy locomotives. I have posted on this previously in the threads mentioned by Lurch Bird.

Bring it on!

Hamish

dayveemac

Greetings,  The running gear of this loco could also be used for a tender engine similar to the  Sandy River prairies.  They would sell well with the forney and dual use of the  running gear would provide Bachmann with excellent production efficiencies.  Traingeek

LurchBird

Traingeek,
I couldn't agree with you more! Sandy River #23 would be an awesome engine to model. Depending on the size of the boiler that Bachmann goes with (and I'm assuming that they are moving forward with this model  ;) ), they could go with either #23 or #24, which was smaller.  Take a look at the threads referenced above in this thread to see all the different 2-6-2 / 2-6-2T combinations that have been proposed. I can't see how Bachmann could ignore such a popular wheel arrangement!

Mark

Royce Wilson

The only reason that most of us have not ask for the SR&RL 23 in the past is it would probably jinx the model like the way it has with the Heisler issue.

;)Royce Wilson

Linzthom

Shhhhhhhh !!!!! For goodness sack !!!   Don't mention the 'H' word ??? ??? ??? ??? ;D
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Gunslinger_Fur

Wow!  :o  An Na or Hawiian style 2-6-2 would be a fantasic addition to the Bachmann On30 locomotive roster! Ever since I saw one of these locos I've been wanting one as a model. So much That i had tinkered with the idea of kitbashing one.

So I am in favor of Bachmann producing an outside framed 2-6-2 with all the features and interchangable parts that are now becoming the standard on their newer models.  ;D ;D
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".