News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

More New Cars

Started by ebtbob, March 20, 2010, 07:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Here are two more new cars on my On30 empire.   They are made from shortened Bachmann flatcars.   The logs are real wood.   The chain is from A Line.   Cars were given to me by a good friend.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

LurchBird

You've been busy...  Looking good!  That's a great idea about shortening the frames. I've been swapping underframes for the new low profile frames on some of my cars, which then leaves me with old frames. So I started to cut them up. When you shortened these frames, what glue did you use to put them back together? I have been using styrene glue with limited success. ACC doesn't hold very well under stress.

Thanks, and keep up the good work. You're an inspiration.

Mark

NarrowMinded

I like those a lot. Nice very nice. off to my parts box!

NM

Royce Wilson

Can you tell us about the outside brakes?

Royce Wilson

ebtbob

Sorry Guys,

These two cars were given to me by a good friend.   However,  if I were to attempt this kitbash,   I would use acc glue with accelerator to set the glue up immediately.    I do not think my friend did the cars so I cannot tell you about the outside brakes.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

mabloodhound

Mark,
For good CA glues look at this stuff from BSI. http://shopmodeltrains.com/model-train-railroads/shop.php/-model-glue-and-adhesives/c_228.html
They make a flexible CA for just your purpose.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

LurchBird

Thanks Dave, I'll check it out.

Mark

ebtbob

Mark,

The glue that Dave showed is the stuff I use.   They sell to stores all over the country and put a label on that shows the store's name.   Good glue and the excelorator works very well.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress