News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Great Eastern Railway is no more.

Started by rogertra, March 25, 2010, 03:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Yes guys, it's in the dumpster.

My Great Eastern Railway has been scrapped, account moving into new home.

All salvagable structures etc., have been packed away for future use as I do hope to rebuild a new GER, sometime in the near future but first, I need to finish the basement in the new house.

Daylight4449

that stinks, sorry to hear it but congratulations on your new home. i always wished to have as nice stuff as you... sorry it had to be thrown away.

Joe323

Like the Phoenix someday it will rise from the ashes.

OldTimer

Oh, Roger, I feel for you.  It's that finishing the basement part that sucks!  Good luck and good building!
Just workin' on the railroad.

Guilford Guy

I look forward to the reincarnation! Your railroad, er railway, always struck me as well executed.
Alex

jonathan

I guess that's just the way with model railroading.  No layout lasts forever.  You'd think we were use to it by now.  But is still hurts...

Enjoy planning the new layout.  I think the planning can be fun, just like the building.... oh and let's not forget collecting all the "necessary" train stuff to rebuild the new dream.

Regards,

Jonathan

Daylight4449

are your beautiful locos making it over?

Michigan Railfan

Would you be willing to sell your layout?  :D Just kidding. I looked through your album, and it looks amazing!  Too bad you have to scrap it. How big was the layout? And what era (years) did you model? Can't wait to see your new layout if you make another one.

rogertra

The GER was in a 12 x 16 foot room and was set in 1958.  The location was supposed to be just on the border where New York, Vermont and Quebec meet.

Granville Junction was located where Naperville Quebec is in real life and Atwater and Berger Yard where Noyan Quebec is located.

Branches ran down to the NYC,  D&H/CV and B&M and an end on connection was made with the Rutland in Berger Yard, Atwater.

Interchange was a major part of the operation plan.

ABC

There are tears in my eyes, you have my deepest sympathy, such great workmanship all for naught.  :'(

full maxx

Hopefully you took lots of photos along the way as a remembrance to a great layout
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Atlantic Central

And hopefully the new layout space will allow GER to expand its service area to even more customers!

Best wishes for your new home and new layout.

Sheldon

rogertra

Quote from: Atlantic Central on March 28, 2010, 02:35:11 PM
And hopefully the new layout space will allow GER to expand its service area to even more customers!

Best wishes for your new home and new layout.

Sheldon

Thanks Sheldon.

I'm considering a double deck layout to increase the length of the run.  The location that I model may be moved a little further to the east, about 30 miles or so, as around that area the CPR used to double head most trains during steam days.  Double heading should, hopefully, allow 18 car or more steam hauled freights.