News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

newbie question

Started by n2rhl, March 26, 2010, 02:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n2rhl

To make a long story short,a friend of mine is trying to talk me into going dcc insted of dc. So I have been checking into youtube site and watching some videos on setting up this kind of system....still not sure yet. Any how he stops by yesterday morning and gave a package with part #44908,and said " let me be the first to give you something to go dcc. So now after watching those videos I do not need a starter set. MY question is from what I've watched do i still need that PC. of track to program the engines? or will this gift be just an add on when I extend my set up if i go this route of dcc? tanks for your help ahead of time.

daveV

ABC

E-Z Command® Walk-Around Companion Connector Panel
Product Information
Used in conjunction with the E-Z Command® Walk-Around Companion, multiple connector panels let you establish a series of control points virtually anywhere on the perimeter of your layout.
    * plug-in port
    * oversee railroad operations from convenient locations throughout your layout
    * simple connections to all brands of track
Price: $42.00
Product Code: 44908
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but all this item does is allow you to control your locos from a more convenient location, you still need all the usual pieces and components.