News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC problem

Started by deny, March 26, 2010, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deny

Bought a diesel locomotive from an estate, it has a decoder installed,was told it was a four digit code (loco number) . How do I recode it ,with my Bachmann DCC controller?  I have the E-Z Command system (Wired)!

ABC

It is stated in the instructions included with your DCC system. If you don't have the hard copy, here is a link to the digital copy: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/EZ_Command_instructions.pdf
From Page 3 of the E-Z Command Instructions:
Quote"If the locomotive’s digital address is a number higher than 10, you can reprogram it by following this procedure:
First, remove all locomotives from the layout. Next, follow the standard E-Z Command programming procedures as described in the
“Programming a Locomotive to a Specific Address” section (but without any locomotive on the track), including pushing and
holding down the number 3 button and the “Stop” button. At this point, you’re ready to assign a new digital address to the
locomotive. Simply place the subject locomotive on the track and assign a new address by pressing a numbered E-Z Command
button (1 to 9). The locomotive will move slightly to signal that you have successfully assigned a new, lower address. Finally, push the
“Stop” button to exit the programming mode and begin operating your locomotive at its new digital address."
For the future they included an instruction manual for a reason.

deny

It worked like a charm,I forgot about the manual ! I watched the dvd ,and did not see address above 10 covered ! THANKS