News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hobby Shops In Philadelphia

Started by Mr. Gumby, March 29, 2010, 02:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Gumby

I'm going to be in Philadelphia for the next few days.
Are there any Hobby Shops in or around the city that are worth going to?
Thanks!

ebtbob

Depending on where you are in the city,  you can be at Lin's Junction in Lansdale, Pa in less than half an hour.   The store is all trains,  opening at 10am and closing at 8pm.   Lin's is located at 128 South Line Street,  Lansdale, Pa.   The store phone number is 215-412-7711.   The address is just two blocks off of Rte 63(Main Street)   just one short block from the center of Landsdale.
      The store has a website,  www.linsjunction.com and does mail order for our customers not close by.
       Linda and Paul try to run their store somewhat like an old time general store.   When you come in the door,  the coffee is on and there are at least two stools by the counter for those who jus want to sit and kibitz with other model railroaders. 
       Linda and Paul share the building with Harry Henning,  Henning Scale Models.   Harry's store is for those in the three rail O scale world.   Harry also carries S scale equipment in the form of American Flyer.
       So at one address under one roof,  you will find two stores with nothing but trains.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Bucksco

One of the absolute best "train" stores in the area is Nicholas Smith Trains in Broomal Pa.

Mr. Gumby

What about Cappelli Hobbies, on Market Street?
That's the closest to were I am staying.
Thanks again for your help!

ebtnut

It's been a number of years since I've been up there - is Terminal Hobby Shop in Upper Darby still there?  I used to drop in there when I would be up chasing trolleys on the Red Arrow Lines, back when I was stationed in Lewes, DE. 

Cooped

Cappelli hobbies isn't a bad place. Been there a couple of times. Small store, friendly owner. He's the only model train store in the city itself (so he said).

Dan
Yes dear, I'm looking at trains again........

Robertj668

When ever I travel somewhere I always take my Model Railroader Magazine and look to see what hobby shops are nearby. As always this message board is great too!
Robert