News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ThomasFan247's Questions

Started by ThomasFan247, March 28, 2010, 02:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

Mr. B,
I know you probably don't have any info on Knapford yet, but I have a few questions anyway.

1. How many platforms are inside Knapford?
2. What tracks are needed for inside Knapford in all 6 (if there are 6) platforms?
3. Do platforms 3 and 4 end inside the station as they do in the TV series?
4. I'm making a track plan for a 15x20 model railroad for inside a garage and I want to add Knapford. I'm having difficulties leading the tracks into Knapford. I won't state my question until you have dimensions ;)

-Christian

thomasj219

Its a kit so im guessing you can add on
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

jgaynor

The Knapford Kit will probably use the EZ-track just like Tidmoth shed
I do it all for the love of my son Cameron

ThomasFan247

Quote from: thomasj219 on March 28, 2010, 03:53:09 PM
Its a kit so im guessing you can add on
That's what I'm guessing, but I have the problem of estimating how much space is between each track section and how wide the platforms are to determine what track I'll need :/

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I would guess the minimum necessary clearance space between tracks. If it is designed to have tracks side-by-side with no platform between them. It might not be. But if it is there won't be much. In fact, I would imagine you could just put two lines of E-Z Track in there with the roadbeds touching and pull it off. Platform width will probably be in the ballpark of two inches.

VictorFan99

Mabey they will make it tv relistic

ThomasFan247

Ok, I have a lot of questions, and I've been asking a lot of them, so I thought I'd just rename this thread :P

Ok, time for a question:
Do the HO Scale Thomas (the actual Thomas model, not all T&F models in general) models currently being produced include the tabs under the front buffer beam to put on the snowplow?

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on April 06, 2010, 08:50:05 PM
Ok, I have a lot of questions, and I've been asking a lot of them, so I thought I'd just rename this thread :P

Ok, time for a question:
Do the HO Scale Thomas (the actual Thomas model, not all T&F models in general) models currently being produced include the tabs under the front buffer beam to put on the snowplow?
Nope, the snowplough model is an exclusive I heard.

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Mmm. But depending on mold wear for the original that might change.

ThomasFan247

Well, i was at the mall and I went into Boscovs and there is occasionally some Thomas stuff. There was a Thomas Fun with Freight set and the Thomas model had the small attatchments  :-\ I'm not sure if it was only for that one or...

Anthony P2

could you describe these "small attachments"

PerfectPercy

I think he means the tab or whatever it's called that connects to the snowplow.

If Knapford will be accurate to the TV series with all 6 tracks, I can answer some questions for you. This is ONLY if TV accurate and having all 6 tracks running through it. Truly, there are 3 platforms but there are 5 tracks with access to them. The sixth track has no platform, or had none (not sure about Knapford in CGI). Tracks 3 and 4 ended with a book stall or shop at the end. Tracks 6, 5, 2, and 1 should all run through the station. If Bachmann reduces the size of Knapford such as Learning Curve did for the Wooden Railway, there will be no track 5 and 6. Tidmouth Sheds was even 2 tracks short (as it seemed to be following the rebuilt model in "Calling All Engines!").

Hope this helps. I don't know about Knapford myself. I might just custom-make something because I don't think it will be made long enough for a 3 or 4 coach express to sit in a platform.

The Bach-man has the true answers, though. I suggest turning your attention to him.