News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My 2-6-2 Prarie, can you fix it?

Started by alex wittman, April 19, 2010, 06:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex wittman

Dear Mr. Bachmann,

I have a fine 2-6-2 Union Pacific prarie locomotive here and two things, the rod holding up the right piston had broke, so I need help there and the last time it was repaired or replaced was in 2004, so I don't know what to do here, The coupler on the tender I could fix easily, and the plastic wheels I replaces with Nickel silver wheels of your brand. so would your company accept myself delivering it to Bachmann Service and see what you guys can do, besides thats all that needs done (I think) but I don't want to spend $100 on a new one sir, I don't have that money, only for repairs or replacement. if you would do that you would make me the happiest young man in Idaho.

sorry if this is a bother to you,

Alex

jettrainfan

He should be able to. I'm about to send my 0-6-0 when i get the money. I have a related problem like yours too. it costs $15.00 for steamies + shipping. If they cant fix it, they give you another one! So you figure about.... $20-$25 at the max? Not a bad deal. The only thing you need to do other than paying is to E-mail them to let them know ahead of time and what the problem is. The replacement might take 3-5 weeks but its worth it.

Hope this helps you. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

the Bach-man

Dear Alex,
Contact service- they'll be happy to discuss your options.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

hawaiiho

I would suggest calling Bachmann Service.

I have found them to be very nice and very willing to assist customers.

Will

Joe323

I have the same engine with the same problem.  I sent it in with a check for $15 to the service department.  4 weeks later a brand new identical 2-6-2 arrived.  I was happy they stood behind their product.

alex wittman

thanks you guys. I will get right on that.