News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Jack's Modelling

Started by StanierJack, April 02, 2010, 05:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanierJack

Couple of views on Thomas before I transfer him, and then varnish it. If I can say so, this is one of the best models I've done yet, just got to sort the chassis issue.

As you can see, I've done a bit of work on him, and tried to remove his Hornby body origins. Good news is body number two has arrived, and will be modified to sit on the Bachmann Jinty footplate :)

StanierJack

For those of you following, if you want to see a mock-up, I actually managed to get a decent picture, so here goes:

As you can see, it'll be different to what you normally see ;)

Cheeky_ULP

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Heh. Full circle, almost. But it looks like this project is going no where.

StanierJack

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 31, 2010, 12:00:54 AM
Heh. Full circle, almost. But it looks like this project is going no where.

???

Richie

I think Zelda might be using a play on words there. No Where= original meaning of NWR. Geddit?
Join my Thomas and modelling forums at http://modelsofsodor.proboards.com/index.cgi/ Please, we only have 3 members!

StanierJack

Some of you may be aware that I bought a job lot of wagons from ebay to paint up as NWR items. Whilst most of them are typical wagons, one caught my eye as a container wagon. I had a tarpulined car lying around, and got to work. I can even take on a HiT idea and make it more believable :p

I think I did it better than HiT can do :p

Hope you enjoy the first stock update :)

Hoss

You can make it believable. They should of hired you as a model maker before the CGI crossover.

StanierJack

Wow, thanks  8)

Stock has kinda taken a step back, need to get more paint for it to progress. In the meantime, after ordering something very special, Toby has gone back into BR guise. I've been planning a W&U based mini-layout, and I think it's one of the best ways of doing it. On the cheap. :D

Of course, should I ever come to do a series, it'll be a cheap way of filming Toby's book :D (I must stress that I'll finnish CG first though ;) )

StanierJack

Been working on a few troublesome trucks/foolish freightcars. Would like to hear what you think so far:

Tell me what you think so far? (It's going to be part of a rake, still got the face to sort. :p )

PasqualeCS96

It is very good. I treminds of the van in "A Close Shave". Hopefully thats what T.T. 3 looks like.

Cheeky_ULP

Hoss

How did you make the face? or was it off another model?

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

PerfectPercy

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on July 20, 2010, 09:47:11 AM
It is very good. I treminds of the van in "A Close Shave". Hopefully thats what T.T. 3 looks like.

For some reason I don't think that the TT #3 will be another open wagon. If it is a van, that would be pretty cool.