News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Jack's Modelling

Started by StanierJack, April 02, 2010, 05:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettrainfan

Quote from: Hoss on July 20, 2010, 04:42:06 PM
How did you make the face? or was it off another model?

it looks like its off T.T. 2 but i could be wrong. Still a great model
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

StanierJack

Quote from: jettrainfan on July 21, 2010, 01:19:03 PM
Quote from: Hoss on July 20, 2010, 04:42:06 PM
How did you make the face? or was it off another model?

it looks like its off T.T. 2 but i could be wrong. Still a great model

It's from an old toy I had, you can still pick them up on ebay.

I've been working on the Skarloey items again, now having 5 serviceable passenger vehicles for the line. These are the 3 talyllyn Brown Marshall coaches I have, along with a Colin Ashby 4 wheel coach and a open wagon with seats for the PW train. Will get pics when I charge my camera up.

I was going through a well known NG forum and I have seen something promising, a new N scale mechanism from Kato. The good thing is, it's designed for their static trams, so you get 2 power bogies for the good price.

Bachmann 0-6-0 diesel is the big one, then the Caramel N chassis, followed by the Portram chassis. I've got two ideas for the two chassis, having one power a gravity slate train, and the other power a model of Mark 5, the inspection drasine.

Sizewise, it's ideal. It fits perfectly under slate wagons:

Going to crack back on with Henrietta now, but I just wanted to show you all that. Got mine shipping now  ;)

StanierJack

I have been working on rolling stock for the Skarloey side of the layout, and realised there are no faces I can source from toys. I dug out my books, and decided to copy the face used on Ada, Jane and Mabel (who are sat waiting to be built.)

It's not perfect, but I wonder what you all think of it, could you please tell me even if you have a glimpse ;)

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I know it's appalling. The face is a plasticard coach end, which was painted the same blue as the coaches, and painted on using a toothpick! Faced is double sided tape at the back, so it can come on and off!

JD417

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

StanierJack

Got the chassis for Skarloey and Rheneas via post today, so it means I can rebuild one and start work on the other :)

StanierJack

Seems there's a new arrival who won't quite fit into a RWS themed layout...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIa9y8OFueM

I gave in and got a Bachmann model. Got to say they've improved since Thomas and Percy.

The Chaz Storm

Nice video to show off Henry Jack. :)  Plan on getting more TTTE engines soon?

ZeldaTheSwordsman

They have indeed improved. Henry is a fine engine. Do you plan on adding backhead detail to him?

StanierJack

Quote from: Chaz on September 16, 2010, 11:27:53 PM
Nice video to show off Henry Jack. :)  Plan on getting more TTTE engines soon?

Yep, Mavis and Edward are a few of them, D&D if they are scale-ish.

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on September 17, 2010, 08:00:03 PM
They have indeed improved. Henry is a fine engine. Do you plan on adding backhead detail to him?

Nope, only detail that the TV series model had ;)

I've got a video of my two Skarloey locos so far running if youi want to see them ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exGH2N2tjVk

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I'm reasonably sure the TV model did have cab backhead detail, but oh well. By the way, why did you disable embedding?

StanierJack

BUMPDATE

Railway Series Models

Rusty is now pretty much complete, bar a few details and rebuilding the frames around his wheels. Also shown is the Colin Ashby coach, an item that's origin is unknown, though some Sudrian Historians believe it was a cheap buy for the Mid Sodor Railway. After the line closed, it became a garden shed until it was found again, and mounted onto an old truck chassis.

The Skarloey Petrol (Gasoline) Railcar is now shaping up, got it mounted on a Bachmann chassis for now. Still got to glaze and paint it, then it shall enter service ;)

And finally, I was never too happy with how Thomas was, so I have stripped him down. Not much to say, though I have chipped his chassis for DCC Running.

Television Models

I've gone back to modelling Television now and again, as the Bachmann models have grown on me. Makes me wish we got them over here, I would say they are much better value for money than Hornby's models.

Redone Diesel, it's an Ertl face on a Lima model. Only thing left to do now is ladders, and putting a decoder in him.

And Henry has recieved a few modifications, namely on his bufferbeam, also repainted his face, will apply new eyebrows later ;)

I'd love to hear what you all think ;)

Cheeky_ULP

Diesels black side rods.. Hiss. :P

JD417

Quote from: Sparks on October 11, 2010, 04:39:43 PM
Diesels black side rods.. Hiss. :P
lol

and they are lookin good have u ever considered a tomy diesel face for diesel thats what i did, in my opinion it suits his majesty  ;)

PasqualeCS96

Hes right uknow and both your diesel models are fantastic! better then hornby..............