News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 4-4-0

Started by Pacific Northern, March 31, 2010, 12:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

The latest acquisition for my layout arrived today,a Spectrum 4-4-0 with the Tsunami sound. I finished breaking the engine in this afternoon on my test track and then moved it to its new home on the layout.

I am happy to report that the 4-4-0 has no trouble pulling four of the old Rivarossi 60' coaches on the layout which has a 2 1/2 % incline. I thought I may need to add weight but that was not necessary.  My other passenger engine a Spectrum 4-6-0  will also pull four of the  60' coaches without any slippage.

The decoder needed no adjustments right out of the box. I am impressed with the quality of sound, sure beats my older BLI and Roundhouse steam units.   
Pacific Northern

full maxx

I recently got a 4-4-0 southern for my little engineer for his 5th birthday without sound and it runs great...I believe the next will have sound
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

pdlethbridge

I have noticed that a lot of sound equiped engines are very much lower in price these days. They Will go lower

uncbob

I have both the 4-4-0 and the 4-6-0

I use them to pull my 50 ft Overland coaches and my 34 ft Billboard Reefers

CNE Runner

The Bachmann Spectrum American 4-4-0 is an excellent product (I have two: one 'talking' the other silent). I would love to see a late 19th/early 20th century Mogul of the same quality from Bachmann. It is refreshing to see a company committed to quality at a realistic price point.

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

full maxx

Agreed in my opinion Bachmann is smoking hot for quality and price...but what do I know, its all we own
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Pacific Northern

Quote from: full maxx on April 02, 2010, 10:45:34 AM
Agreed in my opinion Bachmann is smoking hot for quality and price...but what do I know, its all we own

I agree, the Spectrum engines are impossible to beat for quality and price. I have a few BLI's and Proto Heritage engines and do not consider them overall any better than the Spectrums I own. 

The prices paid for those engines were more than double than  what I paid for the comparable Spectrums. I can certainly use the money saved for other purposes.
Pacific Northern