News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tapeing trains is a threat?!

Started by jettrainfan, April 03, 2010, 05:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABC

Probably trying to mosey on over across the border into the U.S., thank goodness for the Mounties.

Colorado_Mac

"...Stuff happens and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it..."
Wrong.  Vote out those who use fear and "continual war" as tools for their political gain.  Vote in those who will hopefully win/end it.

"...a small section of society will seek to...disrupt what we see as 'a normal life'. So normal has to change..."
I don't agree.  I'm not much for surrendering, and I see that as surrender.

"...Better than risking an attack? Definitely..."
No.  If you really are afraid of an attack, and truly want to stop any chance, just shut down the railroads.  That would be effective.  The BS this kid suffered is not.  Just another kid who may grow up to distrust authority and ignore, amidst the noise, the many real threats we face.

Thanks to excessive fear and paranoia, we railfans have ended up on the front lines of the fight for keeping America from becoming just another police state.  I worked in Dubai, and there was no crime to speak of there.  However, they put people in jail for kissing.  Police states are very secure, I would rather be very free.  I will film to my heart's content.  Including filming and reporting anyone doing things that are actually suspicious.  We can help the railroads and the nation much more than the few security guards out there.

Doneldon

Wounded-  I don't know if this toothpaste story is better or worse than yours.  A couple of years ago my wife and I were to fly away on a vacation.  She had a large (7 oz or so) toothpast tube but it was mostly gone so she figured she was well within the 3.5 oz limit, or whatever it is.  Wrongo.  Despite the well documented difficulties of putting something back into a toothpaste tube, the security people confiscated hers because the nearly-empty tube was too large.  Go figure.

As for the filming of trains regulations, I think they are good ones, and not so new.  Train crews and maintenance people have been tasked with keeping their eyes out for suspiscious things for many decades.  And it's not necessarily about passenger trains which rarely crash and don't generally have many casualties when they do.  How would you like to be living in some small town somewhere when a train full of chlorine or such like passes through in the middle of the night and some terrorists who have been surveiling the rails blows it up?  The human costs could very quickly surpass even those from 9/11.  Think of the dead (by hideous means to boot) and the injured who would suffer and need care for the rest of their lives.  So, like it or not, we'll have to live with some restrictions.  That's not new; there have always been rules.

glennk28

These guys are trying to enforce the "Uniform Bluffing Code"--they have no basis in law as you have seen in the "rights of Photographers" 

gj

NarrowMinded

Considering the fact that google earth and other sites exist showing every square inch of earth, I think hassling a kid and his dad for filming a train rolling by just shows a lack of intelligent and or common sense.
If they were there to plan something bad all that cop did is let them know that is not the place to do it, if he wanted to do something effective he should have taken their Id's ran their names and then told them sorry for the inconvenience, explained he was being vigilant, and told them have a nice day filming.

NM

jettrainfan

Unless they sabotaged my bike Monday, something is puzzling me. I talked to my friend, the only other person i know who is tapeing the RTA lines these days and he's had no trouble. I thought do a test so i went to triskett Monday with no trouble for 2 hours and then on Tuesday where i went all out for 6 hours and on the 5th hour, who to come? An RTA COP of course!  :P And again, the nervous acting. This time, he literally pulled up to where i was like it was a parking spot! i just saw him circle and figured it was a person who saw me before. nope, pulled all the way up! Re-enactment of the chat.

jet: *nods*
Cop: Hi, what are you doing?
jet: Just watching trains
Cop: Are you a student?
jet:mehh.. more of a hobby.
Cop ok... *about to leave but notices my camerae which i really didn't try to hide*... takeing pictures?
jet:(CRAP! im in for it now!) yep.
Cop: OK, that's fine just don't jump the fence.
jet: alright see ya.

I was waiting for the "BOMB THREAT" part to kick in! Either these 2 cops were in a hurry, or didn't see me as a threat. Well, at least i still got one place left to go! ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account