News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mountain

Started by full maxx, April 04, 2010, 02:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

well here's a little start not much but a work in progress...tell me what you think  
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ta152h0

you are well 0n the way of building yourself a big garage like building,someday. It will grow on you. DCC ????

full maxx

yeah we have 3 steam, an Acella Express, and 2 diesel engines so yeah its dcc , that was not around during my childhood so it makes having more than one engine a lot more fun, however parking is getting to be a problem but I hope to add a spur for parking engines and freight cars
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jonathan

FM,

Mountain coming along nicely.  Are you planning to cut the foam board corner.  If you trim it down, it will give your mountain the illusion of more height.  Just an opinion...

Good work!

Jonathan

full maxx

not really sure what I'm gonna do as it still looks the same as when the pic were taken...just wanted to see what it looked like...its my first one

full maxx

Quote from: jonathan on April 04, 2010, 08:52:01 PM
FM,

Mountain coming along nicely.  Are you planning to cut the foam board corner.  If you trim it down, it will give your mountain the illusion of more height.  Just an opinion...

Good work!

Jonathan
do you mean the corners where the rails exit the tunnel  or the corners away from the openings

jonathan

Corners away from the openings.  To me, that looks like the end of your benchwork.

Regards,

Jonathan

CNE Runner

Maxx - It looks like you are on the way to a great layout. The mountain/hill looks great. There is a good instructional series of videos on YouTube regarding the construction of scenery with extruded foam (a lot less messy than other methods). The first video is located at:
Keep up the good work and please keep us informed of your progress.

Regards,
Ray

PS: 'Had to modify this post as I see you are already using extruded foam...pay attention to detail Ray...
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

full maxx

out of plaster cloth...more ordered 

Doneldon

Yes, mountain.  We do a LOT of selective compression in model railroading.

full maxx

here are some more pics of the progress... imagine if you would that there will be a lake there  

full maxx

Well almost done forming 

full maxx

I made portals last night as well

full maxx

here's a quik little video exiting the tunnel...we are going to get turf and paint today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7m7HkuddJs

lwmlwm44

Love watching the progress of your mountain and hearing the enthusiasm and joy in your sons voice.

Larry