News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track.. ?

Started by trains4life, April 15, 2010, 01:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trains4life

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'll try anyway. lol.

I'm thinking I'm buying EZ track, but I only have a Hornby controller, can I use it with EZ track ?

Thanks.

ryeguyisme

THB-DAVE

As long as the Hornby controller is outputting 12 to 17 volts dc then the type of track is irrelevant. It just 2 strips of metal. Hornby controllers have a special plug that plugs into the Hornby track power clip. You will need to cut that plug off and splice it into the Bachmann power connection.

Dave

trains4life

Cool! Thanks for the info.

trains4life

Just had a thought, could I use the Hornby Power Track Connecting Clip instead of cutting the plug off, so I don't have to splice it into the Bachmann power connection ?

Joe323

You got nothing to lose by trying As I pointed out in another thread my Layout has a mix of EZ track and Life Like Power Loc The Bachman and like like plugs seem interchangable so I think it may be standardized across the industry.

THB-DAVE

The Hornby Power Track Connecting Clip is not a plug. It slides under the track to make contact with the bottom of the rail. If there is not enough room between the plastic roadbed and the rail it will not fit. My guess it will not fit. Its much easier to splice or use Atlas terminal connectors and splice into them.

Dave

Joe323

I did not realize it was not a plug.  My guess is dave is right.  It kind of reminds me of the Lionel CTC lockons I had when I was a kid playing with 3 rail tinplate.

scrooge

I would think long and hard before commiting to E - Z track.  I started off with it and have now given up on it and started again using Kato Unitrack which is much more friendly and better quality.  Kato offer a large range of track pieces etc.  Have a look at their track list etc at www.katousa.com.  Good luck