News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas Troubles

Started by trainguy473, April 09, 2010, 08:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainguy473

I'm having trouble with my Thomas! I bought him in the Deluxe Thomas and Friends™ Special set and when I first used him (he was on steel alloy track) he worked fine! But now he is jerking all over the place (I still have steel alloy track, but I now have mostly nickel silver track). So on Monday I took him apart and I oiled him and cleaned his wheels, but when I put him back together he didn't run at all. So I took his cab off and I saw two wires broken!!!!

So now I'm buying a new Thomas, but Yesterday I loosen the screws on the old Thomas and his wheels could move freely when I push him.

Also which Thomas stripes come off easily? Old Thomas or new Thomas?

alex wittman

well, in that situation, I would've re-wired the wires to the circut board with a low temp soldering tool, like the one I bought from Radio Shack, and it worked, but did you watch Bachmanns video on how to maintain your locomotive? the link is right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtW8Gx_WxL4

It is great for all HO locomotives like thomas and his friends, you might have over lubricated the locomotive and try and use one type of track, like steel alloy is alright, but nickel silver is better, but I have experince of putting the two together, it dirtied the track and wheels easily.

hope this helps.

trainguy473

thomasforever1

same with may thomas only his rods get stuck