News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Interchangeable Pilots

Started by dayveemac, April 10, 2010, 01:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dayveemac

How about including a choice of pilots with On30 locos ?  Switching style pilots allow a shorter coupler to be used, which lessens the issues of coupling and uncoupling on curves.  Is it too radical to suggest that they could be compatible with Kadees ?  The McHenrys are OK, but Kadees are far more responsive, especially with under track magnets.   Dayveemac

ebtbob

Funny but I think both of my On30 2-8-0s came with two different types of pilots.   I road and a switching pilot.   And to boot.....the tenders came with different types of foot boards.  I did not pay too much attention to the 4-6-0s parts as what I wanted was already installed.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

LurchBird

Dayveemac,
Bachmann is the king of including interchangeable parts with their models. They didn't when they released the original 2-6-0, but I believe all recent models have had interchangeable pilots.

Mark

Gunslinger_Fur

If I recall correctly the first On30 loco bachmann produced with optional parts, included with the model, were the 2-8-0s. Almost every steam loco there after has had optional parts in one way or another. Except for the Forneys, I think thay come As-Is. but the 2-8-0, 4-4-0, outside frame 4-4-0, 4-6-0, and 2-6-6-2s all come with optiona parts. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".