News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Power fault

Started by Terry216, April 12, 2010, 05:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry216

Hi Guys I am very new at this so please bear with me. I have a E-Z track system which has been working fine. I have just put a new loop and I have checked the train running and all works fine but when I connect the last two tracks the power stops. I have been told there is an electrical fault. I have tested all the tracks and all seems well. I am now stumped any help/advice you could give me would be most appreciated.

Thanks Terry

pdlethbridge

It is possible that you have created a reverse loop or a wye. Either one would result in a short and the trains wouldn't run. The reverse loop is where you start on a track, go through a loop and come back on the same track but going in the opposite direction. Special wiring is needed for either case. this page covers both examples and how to wire them.
http://rail.felgall.com/rlt.htm

Terry216

Many thanks for your help. I have looked at the information you gave me and it helps. Could I use the E-Z COMMAND DCC AUTOMATIC LOOP REVERSE MODULE (product code 44912) instead of all the wiring

Again many thanks for your help.

Terry

ABC

Are you running DCC? If so, then yes you can use the automatic reversing module. If you only have standard DC, then you can't use the automatic reversing module and will have issues as this module only works with DCC equipped layouts.

Terry216

Many thanks I shall have to try the wiring.
Thanks Terry

Terry216

I know this is a stupid question but what is a Reverse Switch/Reverse Loop. :-[ ::)

pdlethbridge

follow the link I provided.