News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hiro the Japanese Engine

Started by trainguy473, April 12, 2010, 07:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainguy473

I know some people are not big Season 13 fans, but the only thing I like about Season 13 is...... Hiro the Japanese Engine!! ;D I just want to say that I will be making Hiro because nobody has done him and I just think he is cool! I will be making him out of PVC pipe, a Bachmann Spectrum DCC Equipped HO 2-8-2 Mikado, and a D- 51 Japan kit. I will also get a Hiro Trackmaster face for his face.

But since this is my first project, I need some tips.

Please no bad comments.

Thank you

Cheeky_ULP

A bit pricey to use a Spectrum DCC, wouldn't you think?

trainguy473

Actually, I'm getting one for $160

jettrainfan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

trainguy473

Guess what! I bought the same train for $113 on ebay! ;D :P

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: trainguy473 on April 15, 2010, 10:02:24 PM
Guess what! I bought the same train for $113 on ebay! ;D :P
Be careful,  the price you buy something at may be it's value.. :P

PasqualeCS96

I could definitely see Hiro being made considering he is a very popular character in the movie and now in the series.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on April 19, 2010, 03:48:41 PM
I could definitely see Hiro being made considering he is a very popular character in the movie and now in the series.
If this were a toy line, then I'd agree. But Bachmann models take much more effort to design, develop, etc. and are much pricier. Making engines to sell has to be made of wise choices when it comes to a very limited market (we're a minority...).

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Sparks on April 19, 2010, 05:28:42 PM
If this were a toy line, then I'd agree. But Bachmann models take much more effort to design, develop, etc. and are much pricier. Making engines to sell has to be made of wise choices when it comes to a very limited market (we're a minority...).
Sorry I'm new here and I dont know the process of making and considering engines :P I'm just saying is that I would not be suprised if Bachmann made Hiro, also what do you mean by minority? ???

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on April 19, 2010, 05:34:47 PM
Quote from: Sparks on April 19, 2010, 05:28:42 PM
Sorry I'm new here and I dont know the process of making and considering engines :P I'm just saying is that I would not be suprised if Bachmann made Hiro, also what do you mean by minority? ???
Designing a model train can cost into the the thousands (or so I hear), and then for Bachmann to manufacture thousands more means they'd have to be able to sell the first shipment, and at least meet the gross price (demand?). From there if the product continues to sell, more are made to meet supply and demand. The gamble for the Bachmann Industry is that whatever Thomas item they make will be able to pay off the price they paid to develop and manufacture it.

As for minority, I mean the fans here on the internet who demand certain engines and rolling stock (like me and the Breakdown Train, unfortunately :P)

PasqualeCS96

Thanks Sparks for the information. :)