News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K27 in need of service

Started by FordcvP71, April 13, 2010, 12:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FordcvP71

I have a K27 (464) that I got from the first run it still has bad counter weights and now the smoke unit stopped working. I dont know if the warranty stuff ever got taken care of my father says he thinks he sent it in but cant remember (I dont even remember asking!) and we dont know what happened to any of the paperwork unless its still in the box havent checked there yet  :-\

So I guess the question is what do I need to do to go about getting my locomotive fixed, I dont care if it cost money as long as its alot less than a new one  :P

Barry BBT

You have to pay attention.  After the first issue of the K-27 it was announced by a customer that the counter weights were loose.  This was brought to the attention of Bud Reese at Bachmann, with in ten days those replacement counterweights were available for shipment to those who needed them.

Contact Bachmann service for replacements of you counterweights, hopefully there will be some available.

Barry -BBT
There are no dumb questions.

az2rail

If you can not find your paperwork, and do need to return it, you will have to pay a $50.00 fee [ see the Service Department box on the left side of your screen]. Of course you will also have to pay the shipping one way.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

FordcvP71

Quote from: Barry BBT on April 13, 2010, 04:50:43 AM
You have to pay attention.  After the first issue of the K-27 it was announced by a customer that the counter weights were loose.  This was brought to the attention of Bud Reese at Bachmann, with in ten days those replacement counterweights were available for shipment to those who needed them.

Contact Bachmann service for replacements of you counterweights, hopefully there will be some available.

Barry -BBT 

Oh I knew about it, I even waited untill they were saposed to be corrected on new locomotives but still managed to get a loco from the first run with the bad counteweights. My K27 is a shelf queen so I never really saw it as much of an issue because it hardly ever gets run  :-[