News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 Worm Gear Bearings

Started by tl7734, October 01, 2016, 11:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tl7734

I placed an order for a new worm gear and bearings using the web site.

The web site shows the worm gear item and they were in-stock so I ordered it.

The next day I looked at that item again, not didn't see the bearing on the shaft so I emailed Customer Service and requested they alter the order to include the bearing.

I got a response a couple days later and a rep from that group wrote that the worm gear part doesn't include bearings and the bearing are not available.

I then replied to contact someone in product management to inquiry about how to get these.  She replied back that she can't do that and she wouldn't know who to contact anyway.  (Really?)

A couple days later a box arrived from your company.  It contained the worm gear.  To my surprise the plastic bag had three parts in it.
The worm gear on the shaft and two bearings.

However -   this part doesn't match what is on the web site.  This new one has square bearings that look similar to Athearn square bearings with an 2.0mm I.D.  The new shaft is cut down at the ends to size to fit this bearing style.   

Problem - this doesn't fit the calm shell weight that I have.

Questions - is this the newest design style that Bachmann is offering?   Are there new calm shell weights that can be ordered to match this?   Why isn't there a revision noticed on these part listings?  Why is customer service clueless about the products they are suppose to be servicing?  Why is the web site out of date on the product content/information? 

The part item for the motor says that you can purchase the motor and worm together or you can purchase the worm for just $4.00 - even that is not correct.

Is the worm gear for the version I have which has the 1mm x 4mm with  2.5mm I.D. bearings still available?

Bucksco

Your questions need to be directed to the parts manager. Give the service department a call and ask for the parts manager.