News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dim headlight

Started by ccbenn, May 12, 2010, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccbenn

Hello,

I have a Spectrum Steam 4-8-2 Heavy Mountain with a Tsunami decoder.  The headlight is very dim.

I've tried adjusting the headlight CV49 to the 'Dyno-Lite' setting 15.  If I do that the headlight won't come on at all.  If I set it back to 0, it will turn on/off but is very dim.

I'm new to DCC...any ideas?

Thanks,
ccbenn

Jim Banner

Some of the 2-8-0's had the same problem.  Replacing the headlight bulb with a 3 mm warm white LED with a 1000 ohm resistor in series looked much better.  The blue decoder lead is positive but there may well be changes in colour coding between the decoder and the light.  I usually just hook up the LED (with the resistor in series with one leg) and try it out.  If it does not work, I reverse the LED leads.  If you need more information, just ask.  We are a reasonably friendly bunch here, which is to say we sometimes bark but hardly ever bite.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

ebtbob

Just a thought,  on my Tsunami engines,  function button 7 is used to dim the headlight.   Maybe,  for some reason,  your Tsunami is set up backwards for this funtion.   Try pushing button 7 on your throttle and see if the headlight gets brighter.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org