News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Anybody put sound in thier GP7's yet?

Started by jdmike, April 17, 2010, 11:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdmike

Anybody put sound in your Bachmann GP7's yet?  I am planning to put sound in mine when I low nose them and repaint them.   For those that dont know the fuel tank is dimpled inside to be drilled for sound, and the fuel tank is cast to accept a round speaker.  Mike

jward

i was not aware of the provision for a speaker. my friend has a set of f units with sound that sounds great even to me. and i've spent years around the real gpp7s and gp9s. i'll have to find out what decoder he is using, it is dead on for a gp7.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jdmike

Yepper, pull the fuel tank cover off, 1 screw removes it.  You will see its set up for a speaker and the inside of the fuel tank cover is dimpled for your drill bit to open it up for the sound to come out. 

jward

i talked to my friend. he says his decoder is a soundtraxx tsunami. a bit pricey, but like i said above, the sound is dead on.....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jdmike

Kewl, I have my fuel tank cover drilled and ready to accept sound.  I am taking a bunch of 6 axle Athearns down to the hobby shop to sell, that will generate funds to purchase a sound decoder for the unit.  Once I get the new decoder, I can wire up the yellow double flash strobe on the roof.   For now only the hole for the bulb is there.  I almost have the engine ready for paint.  Check out the pic in my "chop nose GP7" thread.    Mike