The next LS engine after James?

Started by Ropley101, May 12, 2010, 10:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettrainfan

I agree with GG on this one. Gorden would be $400-$500! Now, little kids want many things but first, if it's a bust, then it will be costful. Second, with todays ecomidy, people can't afford stuff in that range. Lionel is a good example. But you'd probably disagree sense they looked cheap. In the end, ventureing farther will 9 out of 10 meet disaster head on. Naybe if the ecomody was better, but if any new engines, they'll chances are being the smaller ones.

P.s. I got an idea for the range, but I doubt. I'd rather stay on GG's good side  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Anthony P2

Quote from: jettrainfan on May 16, 2010, 07:53:42 PM
I agree with GG on this one. Gorden would be $400-$500! Now, little kids want many things but first, if it's a bust, then it will be costful. Second, with todays ecomidy, people can't afford stuff in that range. Lionel is a good example. But you'd probably disagree sense they looked cheap. In the end, ventureing farther will 9 out of 10 meet disaster head on. Naybe if the ecomody was better, but if any new engines, they'll chances are being the smaller ones.

P.s. I got an idea for the range, but I doubt. I'd rather stay on GG's good side  ;)
you mean economy? and ya you all have good points. If Spencer ever came out I would say an engine of his size would be at least $600 and no one has that money.

Guilford Guy

There's a big difference between MSRP and the actual retail price...
Alex

Cheeky_ULP

We'd be lucky to get anything after James.

Why do I say lucky? I'm not even interested in buying the range. :P

We need the detail Thomas, Percy, Annie & Clarabel and the Trucks have in HO though

PerfectPercy

Did you forget to post or something? That's quite a waste.

Bachmann might make them from my stand. Spencer was $70-$80 in HO and people still bought him. How much is James in large scale? People still bought him (I think :P). Though I don't plan on buying LS, I think more engines will be made, especially the main characters in the series.

SmokeyNSteamer

I assume Edward would be likely.  Add some cattle trucks and a brakevan and you have a set!

thomasfreak5

Quote from: Sparks on May 16, 2010, 09:37:48 PM
We'd be lucky to get anything after James.

Why do I say lucky? I'm not even interested in buying the range. :P

We need the detail Thomas, Percy, Annie & Clarabel and the Trucks have in HO though

i agree with sparks on this one, we will be lucky to get another after james. just imagine how huge gordon would be! not to mention spencer! all i can see for the LS thomas line is toby and possibly edward.
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

The Chaz Storm

NO WAY is Spencer coming out in that range.  I just don't see that happening.  Ideally in any Thomas range Gordon would be the next engine but for this range I seriously doubt it.  Would be interesting but at the same time really...large.

thomasfreak5

i cant see emily going either, the only tender engines i see in LS is james and edward (if were lucky to get edward)
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James