BoCo the Diseasal and Red Branchline Coaches

Started by PasqualeCS96, April 18, 2010, 02:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasqualeCS96

Hi I'm new here the message boards but I have been reading recent posts and topics so here is one based off of Sparks reasoning for Donald and Douglas and Chaz's for Duck and Trevor.In previous years BoCo has not really been heard of and wasn't reintroduced like other classic characters in season 12. But, like D&D and D.T.G.W.E. he is a season two Character and was around at least between seasons 2-5 or 6. Although correct me if I'm wrong BoCo had no episodes to himself but made many appearances and cameos like in Edward's Exploit and Jame's goes buzz buzz, and appeared in the background in Escape and Rust saves the day. Then again I don't think there are Spencer based episodes and did Bachmann make him? Yes they did. Daisy had episodes to her self but only 2 or 3 and I highly doubt Bachmann will make her considering she was only in season 2 and a appearance in C.A.E. BoCo stuck around for a couple more seasons after that. BoCo could also be easy to make, just use Chassis from American diesal models, make a body and face and have BoCo in no time.

jettrainfan

An american counterpart of Boco is probably this unit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuiJ6k1roRI

Bo-Co stands for the wheel arrangement so 4-6.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

PerfectPercy

A couple things to say from me: BoCo was not in series 6. He appeared very little in season 5 (only 1 or 2 episodes). He had some sort of episode to himself (not directly). It was "The Diseasel" because, well... introduction episode  ::).

Daisy was around for a longer period. Where she was in season 3, who knows? She was in at least 1 episode in season 4 ("Bulls Eyes").

Both had faces based off of one another. Daisy was literally BoCo's face with make-up. They should be made as they were key engines in the books and on TV, BoCo showed great importance with Edward and the China Clay Twins.

BoCo and Daisy should be greatly considered for the future. Never forget Duck and Oliver though as there importance is just as great. ;D

Cheeky_ULP

Seems a lot of Online TTTE users like minority characters.  :P

The reality is very odd when you add up that Boco has only had roles in about 6 episodes. Doing a bit better than HiT characters like Murdoch.

If HiT brings him back in Season 14+, then I think he'd have a good chance of coming out, but for now, it's sadly a pipe dream.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Sparks on April 19, 2010, 05:31:50 PM

The reality is very odd when you add up that Boco has only had roles in about 6 episodes. Doing a bit better than HiT characters like Murdoch.

If HiT brings him back in Season 14+, then I think he'd have a good chance of coming out, but for now, it's sadly a pipe dream.
What are minority characters?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on April 19, 2010, 08:31:41 PM
Quote from: Sparks on April 19, 2010, 05:31:50 PM

What are minority characters?
Basically they're the characters who have only had minor roles throughout the series. Examples are Derek, Oliver, Neville, Dennis, Lady, and Diesel 10.

The reason characters like Oliver and Boco don't have major roles is due to the fact they were introduced into the Railway Series late on,  and the stories never put -much- development into their personalities. Britt never did much to help their case, which might be why Gullane (aka HiT) never used them.

Oddly enough most, if not all, of HiTs characters are done for marketing purposes based on cliches...

The Chaz Storm

Boco's not happening, sorry to say.  We can only dream...

Regarding Oliver though in Sparks' post, I think would have a chance after or during the time Duck would be announced or added to the range.  Plus Oliver plays a huge role in the series, being the engine Emily had to rescue to recieve her own coaches...

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Chaz on April 20, 2010, 12:48:03 AMRegarding Oliver though in Sparks' post, I think would have a chance after or during the time Duck would be announced or added to the range.  Plus Oliver plays a huge role in the series, being the engine Emily had to rescue to recieve her own coaches...
Sadly that wasn't acknowedged after Season 7. :P

If only it was. But then again, Emily actually gained a personality in Season 8. She was a bland mary-sue in Season 7.

PasqualeCS96

I'm pretty sure we all thought that Donald and Douglas was just a dream to be mad by Bachmann and I for one thought not in a million years they would make Bill and Ben, but they are making them now arent they? ;) And Oliver you say was a minority charachter? You must be talking about the one in Jack and the pack or you are not watching the real Thomas and Friends. :P

Cheeky_ULP

Nope, talking about Great Western Ollie. :P

He's a popular character yes, but compared to the cast of engines 1-7 and Emily (some could say Spencer, Salty, and the NG engines too), Olivers significance to the series is shrinking. The reason is HiT is focusing too much on the "Steam Team" and the minor character around them, while other characters literally just fade away. Season 12 was a miracle to the fanbase if I must say so.

IronOutlaw24

I think both Oliver and Boco stand a chance...Oliver more so than Boco, though. Bachmann seems to be sticking with the more classic characters from the Allcroft & Mitton years than the HiT years...not to say they won't start producing the likes of Rosie, Stanley, Hiro, etc. I think outside of the parents with little kids who are fans of Thomas, the majority of HO/ Electric consumers of the Thomas world are the kids from the original generation of Thomas who are now old enough that if they still have an interest in Thomas, they'll want the characters who they grew up watching...they'll want the Daisys, the Stepneys, etc. instead of the Billys and Dennis' of the world...just my 2 cents.

Boco, I think would be somewhat logical seeing as Bill & Ben are being released this year. Yeah, he was only in a handful of episodes, but who's episodes was he in mostly? Bill & Ben's. He's probably a few years away from consideration, but I don't think he's as far of a cry as some think.

therailwayinspector

I'd say if demand was high, Boco would be made!

It's not about how many appearances (but one off's are probably an exception) but how high a demand for a product is. If all forum members wanted boco for example, maybe then Bachmann would see a chance for profit and would make him.....
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

PerfectPercy

Bachmann hasn't necessarily been sticking with classic characters. Emily and Spencer are prime examples. They were even released before Edward!  :P

Derek was less than a minority character. Only one episode... Oliver wasn't really a minority. He showed up a nice amount in Season 3 and 4, even 5. He had his own episode in season 7 even. BoCo appeared a bit less, but all the same it would be nice. Daisy I'm not sure of as she was in few episodes.

IronOutlaw24

Valid point...but Season 7 (when Emily & Spencer were introduced) is closer to the roots of the series than what HiT's cooked up...but that's just me. BOT.

JD417

also think about this without boco the twins would be on a rampage!  :D