BoCo the Diseasal and Red Branchline Coaches

Started by PasqualeCS96, April 18, 2010, 02:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTTE Wikia

Quote from: StanierJack on June 03, 2010, 06:09:54 PM
Quote from: Bachfan on June 03, 2010, 05:12:37 PM
Quote from: Blink_182_Fan on June 03, 2010, 04:23:28 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on June 03, 2010, 03:10:45 PM
The narrow gauge engines could be possible, maygbe come up with a wheel arrangement that is about the same size as the trolley or cable car wheels and come up with a body.

And then there's the track issue....
It's just not gonna happen

I still don't quite understand why not. Bachmann does make N gauge track after all. If some one can calmly give me some sound reasons why it's not likely, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

It isn't. Too small market for it to be viable in the first place. If you want them, there are kits you can build yourself like I, and others, have done.

How exactly do we know the market it too small, though? I know there are kits, I've looked into them. But like GWR14 said, I don't want to completly mess it up. And I've seen how many times you and "the others" have remade your 009 models. It just seems like sort of a waste to me.

So, other than the market being "too small" (which we really don't have any proof of), are there any other reasons?

Quote from: GWR14 on June 04, 2010, 04:25:02 PM
well, most of use dont want to spend $50 on a kit and have it turn out horrible looking. plus, bachmann could still make these trains, just make the wheels fit on the track, and make a bigger body.

Do you know how horrbly disproportionate those would be? Do you really want a Skarloey Railway engine the size of Percy?
Visit the Thomas and Friends Wikia!

Cheeky_ULP

Or how about this; Bachmann doesn't even do OO9 models in the first place, even for real life prototypes.

They're not going to make the Skarloey engines, get over it. ::)

Hate to be mean about it, but I see a hard-headed debate coming if this isn't stopped soon.

StanierJack

Quote from: Bachfan on June 04, 2010, 04:43:26 PM
Quote from: StanierJack on June 03, 2010, 06:09:54 PM
Quote from: Bachfan on June 03, 2010, 05:12:37 PM
Quote from: Blink_182_Fan on June 03, 2010, 04:23:28 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on June 03, 2010, 03:10:45 PM
The narrow gauge engines could be possible, maygbe come up with a wheel arrangement that is about the same size as the trolley or cable car wheels and come up with a body.

And then there's the track issue....
It's just not gonna happen

I still don't quite understand why not. Bachmann does make N gauge track after all. If some one can calmly give me some sound reasons why it's not likely, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

It isn't. Too small market for it to be viable in the first place. If you want them, there are kits you can build yourself like I, and others, have done.

How exactly do we know the market it too small, though? I know there are kits, I've looked into them. But like GWR14 said, I don't want to completly mess it up. And I've seen how many times you and "the others" have remade your 009 models. It just seems like sort of a waste to me.

So, other than the market being "too small" (which we really don't have any proof of), are there any other reasons?

Quote from: GWR14 on June 04, 2010, 04:25:02 PM
well, most of use dont want to spend $50 on a kit and have it turn out horrible looking. plus, bachmann could still make these trains, just make the wheels fit on the track, and make a bigger body.

Do you know how horrbly disproportionate those would be? Do you really want a Skarloey Railway engine the size of Percy?

How do I know the market is too small? I did my own research on why, and it's alot beefier that yours, so to speak:

1. Thomas & Friends is a Kids Range marketed by Bachmann, aka Kader. They are out to use as many existing toolings as possible, hence why you have some wagons and coaches that use existing moulds previously used on british models by Mainline, later Bachmann Branchline. I can imagine Bachmann have no interest in making a product that would more or less make a loss.

2. British Outline RTR is a extrememly small market. There is nothing available off the shelf, and never will be for the forseeable future. You probably don't read up on real modelling, but Roco, a European company, were going to make a RTR 009 loco, A double fairlee (or what you would call a MightyMac in ignorance,) but it never came to anything. The reason? None of their home market in europe wanted a british loco, and hardly anyone here wanted one because they can make one themselves, meaning they can build it to suit their needs.

You do realise that the moajority of the kits were designed for extremely cheap and available chassis that are no longer made? Hence why most of us who model in it have to source elsewhere, and make do and modify what whe get.

To quote a well known OO9 modeller who you have more than likely never even heard of:

QuotePersonally, I rather suspect that in may ways, the attraction of 009 is that RTR is NOT available. I accept that a high quality range of RTR locos would not go amiss, but as for the rest, 009 modelling is the reserve of the kit and scratch builder and long may it remain so.

Looking at RTR 00 locos and stock, they are so good these days that the only thing needed is a fat wallet.
JdF

And you know how wrong you are to argue with GWR14? He's talking some sense. I don' see you complaining about Wooden/Take n Play/Trackmaster making all stock fit one track gauge, and if Bachmann were to do it that way, they would more or less be 0-16.5 models. Would be quite nice too I bet :)

...Case proven I think...

Further reading:

http://www.009.cd2.com/
http://www.009society.com/
http://ngrm-online.com/forum/

And if you don't want to spend $50 on a kit, you won't be getting your ever so precious Skarloey Models any time soon.  ;)

PasqualeCS96

Hate to be mean about, and don't take this the wrong way but how did we start talking about the narrow gauge engines if this thread is about BoCo?

The Chaz Storm

Ladies and gentlemen....the exact reason why I don't post on here as much as I used to.  ::)

But in all seriousness, I can't believe how far this whole obsession over the narrow gauge engines has gone.  It's best we get back on topic now and discuss the purpose of this thread....Boco and the red coaches.  If you want to have a debate about the narrow gauge engines please take it somewhere else.

Anyways I'm thinking the red coaches seem very possible just due to how long and how often they have been used in the Thomas series.  Both old and new series they have been used consistently.

TTTE Wikia

Quote from: Sparks on June 04, 2010, 07:18:19 PM
Or how about this; Bachmann doesn't even do OO9 models in the first place, even for real life prototypes.

They're not going to make the Skarloey engines, get over it. ::)

Hate to be mean about it, but I see a hard-headed debate coming if this isn't stopped soon.

A good point, Sparks.

I can get over it, and I'll most likely have to.

It won't be too hard-headed. But I'd really like to know why you guys always blow-up when other users bring up the NG engines. I know you must be getting tired of answering the same questions over and over again, but many of us would like to know why in a calm manner. (And not be treated like we're mentally deficient.)

Quote1. Thomas & Friends is a Kids Range marketed by Bachmann, aka Kader. They are out to use as many existing toolings as possible, hence why you have some wagons and coaches that use existing moulds previously used on british models by Mainline, later Bachmann Branchline. I can imagine Bachmann have no interest in making a product that would more or less make a loss.

Now that's a valid point. I completely agree on this point. But the Bachmann makes special toolings for the engines. And they are the Skarloey engines. I understand where you're coming from though.

QuoteYou probably don't read up on real modelling...

You're right, but that's for reasons that don't need discussing here.

QuoteA double fairlee (or what you would call a MightyMac in ignorance,)

You know this really hurts. I do know what a double fairlie is. They were made by George England (if I remember correctly) in the late 1800's. They can't have buffers because, in real life, they'd derail themselves or what ever stock they were pulling.

^Correct right? If not please let me know. I'm always trying to learn. (Thus why I asked about the NG engines in the first place ::))

QuoteNone of their home market in europe wanted a british loco, and hardly anyone here wanted one because they can make one themselves, meaning they can build it to suit their needs.

Another fair point. I did actually know about the Roco model. I wasn't really sure why it was cancelled. So thanks for clearing that up! :)

QuoteYou do realise that the moajority of the kits were designed for extremely cheap and available chassis that are no longer made? Hence why most of us who model in it have to source elsewhere, and make do and modify what whe get.

Yes I do know. I even know of N-drive, Fleischmann, and the old unreliable Ibertren chassis. Why do you feel then need to patronize the Bachmann forum members who ask about the Skarloey engines though?

QuoteTo quote a well known OO9 modeller who you have more than likely never even heard of:

QuotePersonally, I rather suspect that in may ways, the attraction of 009 is that RTR is NOT available. I accept that a high quality range of RTR locos would not go amiss, but as for the rest, 009 modelling is the reserve of the kit and scratch builder and long may it remain so.

Looking at RTR 00 locos and stock, they are so good these days that the only thing needed is a fat wallet.
JdF

You're right I've never heard of him. But no surprise to me really. I'm still kind of new in the railway modelling scene.

QuoteAnd you know how wrong you are to argue with GWR14? He's talking some sense. I don' see you complaining about Wooden/Take n Play/Trackmaster making all stock fit one track gauge, and if Bachmann were to do it that way, they would more or less be 0-16.5 models. Would be quite nice too I bet :)

Wrong? Wrong how? We were't talking about 0-16.5 models; we were talking about 009 models. If Bachmann isn't going to make 009 models to go with their HO models, as you say and I'm beginning to accept, why would they make 0-16.5 models when they don't make an O scale Thomas range? ::)

QuoteAnd if you don't want to spend $50 on a kit, you won't be getting your ever so precious Skarloey Models any time soon.  ;)

What? Is this the Lord of the Rings now? ;) I never said they were precious, or that I wanted them out right away. All I asked was why they'd never be released. I also asked for it to be explained to me in a calm manner, but that ship has sailed. ::)

Sorry to go off topic like this Chaz. I just needed to, calmly, get this off my chest.

Now if anyone has anything else to say to me, let's use the Everything Thomas thread. :)

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: Bachfan on June 05, 2010, 09:39:14 PM
It won't be too hard-headed. But I'd really like to know why you guys always blow-up when other users bring up the NG engines. I know you must be getting tired of answering the same questions over and over again, but many of us would like to know why in a calm manner. (And not be treated like we're mentally deficient.)

We are being calm, no one ever said we weren't  ;)
Were not blowing up, its just that like you said, that question gets asked over and over again. 
It also seems like common sense too, not trying to insult anyone.
Bachmann doesn't make the track, and it doesn't seem like a good profit.
Anyone else think that the Bachmann should make a sticky topic about what they're definitly not going to make? I'm positive the NG engines will be in there.  :)

ZeldaTheSwordsman

ANYWAY, I think that it would indeed be nice if Bachmann made BoCo and the red branchline coaches.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Chaz on June 05, 2010, 03:07:13 PM
Ladies and gentlemen....the exact reason why I don't post on here as much as I used to.  ::)

But in all seriousness, I can't believe how far this whole obsession over the narrow gauge engines has gone.  It's best we get back on topic now and discuss the purpose of this thread....Boco and the red coaches.  If you want to have a debate about the narrow gauge engines please take it somewhere else.

Anyways I'm thinking the red coaches seem very possible just due to how long and how often they have been used in the Thomas series.  Both old and new series they have been used consistently.
Thanl you Chaz for clearing this up :), any ways it would be very nice to get the red coaches made because it seems like there are beginning to be used in CGI, not to mention they have been seen seasons prior to season 13, BoCo on the other hand, I wonder why he did not come back in season 12 considering it was the last season with the models and that's why Duck, Donald, Douglas ext. returned.

TTTE Wikia

Quote from: Blink_182_Fan on June 05, 2010, 11:07:46 PM
Quote from: Bachfan on June 05, 2010, 09:39:14 PM

We are being calm, no one ever said we weren't  ;)
Were not blowing up, its just that like you said, that question gets asked over and over again. 
It also seems like common sense too, not trying to insult anyone.
Bachmann doesn't make the track, and it doesn't seem like a good profit.
Anyone else think that the Bachmann should make a sticky topic about what they're definitly not going to make? I'm positive the NG engines will be in there.  :)

I was referring to Jack in this instance. Not you or Sparks really.

They do make track for them though. 009 and N gauge track are basically the same.

That's a good idea, Blink. But it would be a little hard to do since they could say they're not making something now (Such as BoCo), but then five years later decide to make him. But I agree (Now ::)) that the NG engines won't be made.

Anywho. BOT.

I'd really like BoCo and the red coaches to be made. I think BoCo may have a chance a few years down the line. The red coaches may come out next year though. They did just discontinue the express coaches, so there is a spot for some new carriages in the range.

PasqualeCS96

Not to be mean but, ENOUGH WITH THE NARROW GAUGE ENGINES!!!!!!!

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on June 07, 2010, 05:07:07 PM

I second that thought.

BOT.

TTTE Wikia

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on June 07, 2010, 05:07:07 PM

No offence, but you were kind of the one to start the NG conversation. And I did go back on topic in my last post. ::)

BOT

Like I said in my last post, I think there is a high chance for the red coaches next year or perhaps the year after that.

PasqualeCS96

I'm not trying to start anything but all I said were the colors of Duke and Bertrum, two other characters who did not appear in Season 12 with BoCo, then( not trying to be mean ), Everybody else started to post things about the Narrow Gauge engines.

StanierJack

Guys, BOT.

We really need a staff member just for the Thomas board IMO.