Mr Bachmann, Why aren't our posts being counted any more?

Started by Stephen Warrington, May 08, 2007, 08:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Western

Number of posts?  Why do we need to know?   I agree with The Bach-Man  - "quality not quantity"   :D
Best wishes,    Alan

Terry Toenges

Me too. I can't understand why some people are so worried about how many posts they've made.
All it takes is a pencil and paper to make a mark every time you post on here. Then you will know.
Feel like a Mogul.

Stephen Warrington

Thank you Mr. Bachamnn please feel free to lock or delete this post. I stated my reasons for liking the feature and if you don't like it then thats your cup of tea.

I also keep a Railroad database of everything I own in HO and G scales with the price I paid, maybe its my German side rubbing off on me as much asmy Irish side tends to get my temper flared up.

Stephen

the Bach-man

Dear Stephen,
I never had any issue with you or your legitimate question.  I killed the count for the reason stated, but you and most adult posters were not the problem.
Enjoy the forum, and
Enjoy your trains!
the Bach-man

GlennW

Good thing you killed the post count. I've seen enough forums where the HO'ers have more or less traffic than the Ners or other scalers. Frankly, there are more important things to do! Sorry that the Net has spawned spammers & other vermin that spoil the fun for everyone else.

Bojangle

I couldn't do a one word post if I had too, I am very "gabby", takes a lot of words to get my point across.  If I get too long winded, just tell me to clam up lol.
Actually, I don't need my posts counted, I move around the forum a lot, looking for great hints and tricks.  One nice thing about being a newbie, I'm not afraid to admit I'm dumb about all this.  But then, you'd be surprised how much you can learn by pretending to be "dumb". Please delete this thread, let's talk trains.....
Bo

ebtbob

Bo,

You are only dumb if YOU think so.   I know it has been said a million times before,  but the only real dumb question is the one that you do not ask.   Asking questions is the most important thing you can do as a new person to model railroading or to any other venture.  Ask away as there are plenty of people out there with wisdom to share.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org