Diesel 10 please!! (message for Bach Man)

Started by Ropley101, April 19, 2010, 01:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ropley101

Dear Bach Man,
What is the possiblity of making a HO Diesel 10 (or in Large scale if it's easier)
That would be great!
Regards,
Aria Tabatabai
Early in the morning,
Down at the station,
All the little engines
Standing in a row.
Along comes the driver,
Pulls the little lever
Puff, puff! Chuff, chuff!
Off we go!

StanierJack

More than likely 0% at the moment, Bachmann only makes characters they can profit from. Especially ones that have alot of screentime.

James The Red Engine

I believe we've been over this before some time ago.  But just to be like Chaz Boy on the forum, I'll try to sound clearer on the issue here.

So why is Diesel 10 so unlikely for Bachmann to make?  Well, unlike characters such as Donald, Douglas, Duck, Diesel, Rosie, etc... Diesel 10 has not been seen all that often and was only seen like 3 different times.  Movies such as "Thomas and the Magic Railroad", "Calling All Engines", and "The Great Discovery".  A character that doesn't make many appearances would most likely not be made.  I believe the only reason we saw S.C. Ruffey made (even thought he was only in 1 episode) was so Bachmann would have more rolling stock. :P

In all honesty, I see Diesel 10 having more of a chance than the narrow gauge engines, but both are highly unlikely.  Bachmann is more likely to produce something that will make a profit easily like Duck, Diesel, Rosie, etc.

jettrainfan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Anthony P2

you do have a good point. Diesel 10 DOES have a better chance the the NG engines. i think he might be a good seller if he has a posable "Pinchy" plus had be a good addition as a model railway track maintenance engine. but all in all i don't think so.

Cheeky_ULP

Considering D10s luck in normal merchandise, I wouldn't be surprised to see Boco AND Stepney before him... :P

PasqualeCS96

Where do we see Diesel 10 in "The Great Discovery"? ???

Anthony P2

at the end after thomas if found when the narrator is saying that little rhyme

"All the diesels met in the sidings,
they could not believe such wonderful tidings"

this part would be at the quarry.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Diesel 10 might not appear very often, but he was very present in TATMR. And if a model were made, it could sell well because there's a good chance of kids thinking his claw is awesome.

mclarenman4ever

that would be true. but if they make him, they have to make spatter and dodge, and if their made, diesel and Arry and Bert have to be made. and which would you rather like, all these one time diesels like Arry and splatter, or trains we really want, like duck,oliver, and stepney

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 23, 2010, 12:01:21 AM
Diesel 10 might not appear very often, but he was very present in TATMR. And if a model were made, it could sell well because there's a good chance of kids thinking his claw is awesome.
An out of scale prototypical claw that could break off easily.

Sorry, I say D10 should stick to the toys, not the models. He's never even pulled a train. Making him would seem wasteful of Bachmanns resources when they could make more profitable engines.

The Chaz Storm

I agree with Sparks for that reason regarding Diesel 10 never pulled any trains.  He either terrorized the engines at one point or picked up loads and put them on trucks.  Magic Railroad characters won't be happening.  They aren't as likely as Stanley or Hiro...but they are more likely then the narrow gauge engines. :P

PerfectPercy

How do the narrow gauge engines have a chance really, unless Bachmann has a Small Scale Range in the making.  :P They'd be nice to see but if they were made, they would be a different scale. That would create problems in terms of people needing to buy N-scale track when they have another scale (HO for example  ;D) already.

TobyTheTram16

youd probally have to make one your self ;)