Diesel 10 please!! (message for Bach Man)

Started by Ropley101, April 19, 2010, 01:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: StanierJack on July 28, 2010, 02:30:06 PM
Quote from: jettrainfan on July 28, 2010, 01:15:21 PM
we don't call them toy trains for a reason! its model trains ;)

They are made as toys, not models. The price should tell you that.  ::)
Hush you  :P

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Well, they are. This is the reason for things like the engines' handrails being molded to their boilers, and the toy-style packaging, because they have to pass US toy safety standards. If they were sold as models it would be different.

As for your comment about Harvey, he is based on a real engine with a crane that size. It's fatter on his toys than on his show model.

Would Diesel 10's claw clear loading gauge if it was in the at rest position (lying flat on his roof)?

Anyway, I personally would like to have a model representation of him without having to go the expensive route of importing a Class 42 to bash. But really, this is out of our hands. If the company feels there is sufficient demand to cost-justify producing and selling him, it will happen. Forum petitions like this one are usually mere nickels and dimes next to the market surveys, although they might put certain items on the survey radar.

Cheeky_ULP

Eh, if that's the case then, I'd consider Hornbys cheaper models toys. :P

RBMN #425 Fan

although, if bachmann did come out with D10, they might adapt the moving eyes system to make his claw 'pinchy' move up and down :)
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

jettrainfan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

PerfectPercy

Quote from: RBMN #425 Fan on July 30, 2010, 09:47:38 PM
although, if bachmann did come out with D10, they might adapt the moving eyes system to make his claw 'pinchy' move up and down :)
Quote from: jettrainfan on July 31, 2010, 12:03:18 AM
or open and close

This would almost involve a second motor, but how could it be incorporated with a controller/transformer?

Cheeky_ULP

I was hoping that Diesel 10 would be shot down by now..

If his claw moved up and down, that'd be even MORE out of Loading Gauge...  ::)

RBMN #425 Fan

Quote from: PerfectPercy311 on July 31, 2010, 12:09:33 AM
Quote from: RBMN #425 Fan on July 30, 2010, 09:47:38 PM
Quote from: jettrainfan on July 31, 2010, 12:03:18 AM
or open and close

This would almost involve a second motor, but how could it be incorporated with a controller/transformer?
you can run more than one engine (or motor in this case) on one transformer
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!

Michigan Railfan

What he meant RBMN was that there would be no buttons on a controller to operate the claw.

Anthony P2

or maybe just make it posable like the BANDI ones

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Sparks on July 31, 2010, 01:47:09 AM

That's it. I agree with you completely. I wouldn't expect him awhile for obvious reasons, especially the issue we have been discussing.

RBMN #425 Fan

Quote from: Blink_182_Fan on July 31, 2010, 09:41:52 AM
What he meant RBMN was that there would be no buttons on a controller to operate the claw.
i know but what i was trying to say was, hook it up to the motor like they did for the moving eyes
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!

RBMN #425 Fan

Quote from: Sparks on July 31, 2010, 01:47:09 AM

yeah but the bottom half of his claw is right in front of the windows, so you only half to worry about the top half.

see:
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!

Cheeky_ULP

That's still pretty bad. It wouldn't fit on most layouts. If it was on a layout too and moving up and down, a tunnel or low bridge would knock it down.

RBMN #425 Fan

just forget my earlier idea :-[.
anyways, if he was produced with the claw lying in rest position, emily's funnel is taller than the picture i posted before.
or you can lower the claw a little ??? :o :)
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!