Diesel 10 please!! (message for Bach Man)

Started by Ropley101, April 19, 2010, 01:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony P2

but then it would expand the n scale range like they did with large scale. but you're better off building them yourself

Hoss

Diesel 10 is a Warship diesel, that's all he has going for him. I think the ERTL model used the tooling from Spamcan. I could be wrong. Time to do some rummaging tomorrow.

PasqualeCS96

I just sawa clip on youtube of Diesel 10 in Misty Island Rescue very shocking. If HiT keeps him in the series after Misty Island Rescue then there could be hope for Bachmann making Diesel 10 if he becomes a prominant character.

Cheeky_ULP

The Chaz Storm

Hahaha! I knew it! ;D

To the people who don't get the inside joke... Sparks and I were talking on MSN about the Diesel 10 clip and one of the first things I said was "This is gonna get people on the Bachmann forum to ask for Bachmann Diesel 10 again."

It'd be more likely to see Diesel 10 more then NG as I said before or even older characters like Boco, Daisy, or maybe even Stepney.  But chances are Bachmann would more likely do characters like Duck (Because of D&D), Diesel, or even Rosie more then Diesel 10.  

Literally I can name over 10 characters who have a higher chance of being made by Bachmann then Diesel 10. :P

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Sparks on July 26, 2010, 10:18:49 AM
Hey look Chaz you predicted right  :P
Quote from: Chaz on July 26, 2010, 04:07:28 PM
Hahaha! I knew it! ;D

To the people who don't get the inside joke... Sparks and I were talking on MSN about the Diesel 10 clip and one of the first things I said was "This is gonna get people on the Bachmann forum to ask for Bachmann Diesel 10 again."

It'd be more likely to see Diesel 10 more then NG as I said before or even older characters like Boco, Daisy, or maybe even Stepney.  But chances are Bachmann would more likely do characters like Duck (Because of D&D), Diesel, or even Rosie more then Diesel 10. 

Literally I can name over 10 characters who have a higher chance of being made by Bachmann then Diesel 10. :P
We already know that there are more characters who have a chance I was just saying there could be a slight chance, not that he is going to be made next year or something like that.

shining time

you never know we got Emily and Spencer before Edward so Diesel 10 could happen  :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

PerfectPercy

Quote from: shining time on July 27, 2010, 11:05:21 AM
you never know we got Emily and Spencer before Edward so Diesel 10 could happen  :)

Yes, but think about it. Emily became a prominent character and was seen just as much as Edward and Spencer was as well. They are seen quite often in the TV series. I wish as much as the next guy that the classics came first (NOTE: Diesel 10 really isn't even a classic character), but it seems that the newer seasons are coming first. That was the reason for them coming before Edward (sadly, but it's over and done).

I don't see D10 being made anytime soon because of the literal "backup" of unmade characters. No offense to anyone, but I really don't know why anyone has made this thread when there are at least a dozen unmade engines being classic or prominent that come before Diesel 10.

Cheeky_ULP

I hate to be the buzzkill, but Diesel 10 should never be made by Bachmann, or anyone. He shares a similar reason that Harvey does; their size is ridiculous.

Diesel 10s claw in OO/HO would be too large for the Loading Gauge (same with Harveys stupid fat crane; real life prototypes weren't like that :P). Second, most people assume that D10s claw will be toy like, which is pretty much disgraceful for model railroading, and just not Bachmanns forte in general (see: Bachmann Cranky). Boco has a better chance than D10 ever will, not only for popularity, but also the fact that Boco has actually pulled trains, Diesel 10 hasn't.  ::)

The basic conclusion is Diesel 10 doesn't belong in Model Railroad merchandise; he's more of a character suited to a toy.

RBMN #425 Fan

yeah but kids might want characters like D10, Rosie, Harvey, Lady ect.
and isn't that the whole reason for the thomas range? for the kids? ;)
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: RBMN #425 Fan on July 28, 2010, 09:18:42 AM
yeah but kids might want characters like D10, Rosie, Harvey, Lady ect.
and isn't that the whole reason for the thomas range? for the kids? ;)
Well the Bachmann range is for 8 Years or older. Most of the time it's the parents or model clubs buying Bachmann engines anyway due to their expense.

The Bachmann range is more of a stepping stone for model railroading, I don't think it should be treated as a trivial toy range.

jettrainfan

we don't call them toy trains for a reason! its model trains ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

PasqualeCS96

Harvey would be a interesting model to make. And if I recall you do not see him pull many trains either, just the breakdown crane or works unit coach.

StanierJack

Quote from: jettrainfan on July 28, 2010, 01:15:21 PM
we don't call them toy trains for a reason! its model trains ;)

They are made as toys, not models. The price should tell you that.  ::)

The Chaz Storm

Here's my two cents:

The Bachmann Thomas and Friends range is aimed for children who want to get into the hobby of model railroading or just love Thomas the tank engine just as much as we do.  So as Sparks said, the HO and even large scale range too are both stepping stones for young model railroaders.  But for obvious reasons, both the ranges sell better with the older fans or the model railroaders who show this stuff in clubs.  With the older fans I can tell you right now Donald and Douglas are gonna be huge sellers for more then one reason.  Meanwhile I imagine Thomas sets (Like the HO Thomas set, possibly deluxe set, or even the large scale Thomas set) are a perfect example, because in most model railway clubs you will find Thomas pulling annie and clarabel on one of the layouts.  Then of course there is the Bachmann sodor layout...a real eye-catcher for both the old and new fans. ;)

But on the subject of Diesel 10 I still don't think he's gonna be made for the reasons Sparks and I have explained.  Sure Thomas fans are familiar with the character in all...but it would look very strange to model railroaders.  There really isn't much of a strong reason for them to make Diesel 10 in the first place other then fans would buy it... Personally I see Harvey having a higher chance then Diesel 10 and he alone sounds unlikely at this point.