News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Connie Parts

Started by Doug.Oaks, April 27, 2010, 11:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug.Oaks

The axle gear on my 2-8-0 has split. I've found the part number for the axle assembly, but not the screw and seal that came out of the end of the axle and caused the whole problem. The parts lady can't help without the part number for the screw and seal. I can't find it.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Doug

rslater

You can locate parts by going to Product Reference on this board.  Select diagrams and go to LS 2-8-0

I believe the screw is Part #10320.  This is the screw that retains the counter weight.  The cap is the same size as the K-27 and that part number is OAR10 from the K-27 diagram.

Now is a great time to replace the drive with Barry Olsens (Barry's Big Trains) new drive for the Connie.  Very strong drive and easy to install.

Rick

Doug.Oaks

Thanks, Rick. I guess that I didn't look hard enough. Your advice about going to Barry's drive is well taken. I have one in one of my older 10-wheelers, and I'm happy with it.
Thanks,
Doug

Barry BBT

Doug,

Do yourself a favor, I found the axle screws would strip their phillips heads very easily.

Recommend changing to stainless steel Pan head Mach. Screw M2 X 6mm.  I bought them from MicroFasteners.

Send me a couple of bucks for the postage and I will send them to you (9) pieces.

Barry - BBT

P.O. Box 1119
Tolleson, AZ 85353-1103
623-936-6088
There are no dumb questions.