Surry Sussex & Southampton Railway 2-6-2; please!!!!

Started by Dusten Barefoot, April 25, 2010, 03:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusten Barefoot

Could you consider making this little logging engine?

She's a looker ;)

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

C.S.R.R. Manager

I'll second that motion.  Very nice loco, and the colors are Bachmannesque.  It's also different enough from the other On30 rod locos out there now to have some appeal, and looks extremely American.  How would the size compare with other On30 locos?  It looks pretty small, which is probably a good thing for most On30 pikes.

The SS&S #6 would also be interesting, as a different take on the Mogul.  And I'm sure there is a file at the Bachmann offices with all of these.  Looking at the photo, what if this Mogul were made in a way that the front driver could be removed to make a 4-4-0, like the LS 2-6-0/4-4-0?

Manager

kcsivils

The Number 6 began life on the New Berlin & Winfield and then moved to the S.S. & S. before going to the Argent Lumber Company. It now operates on the  Mid-West Central.

This is a small locomotive but has tons of appeal to logging fans and probably turn of the century short line. The Argent was known as the 'Swamp Rat."

I would probably have to own several of these.

ebtnut

Just FYI, Gem imported models of the NB&W Mogul, in its as-built configuration in brass in both HOn3 and On3 many years ago.  They looked nice, but unfortunately both models were bad runners, having tender-mounted motors.