ESU/Bachmann Dynamis - Windows based programmer for CV's

Started by Seasaltchap, February 14, 2007, 10:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seasaltchap

ESU are touted as the makers of the new Bachmann Dynamis being offered by Bachmann Europe.

ESU is a German maker, also of a neat looking Windows based set-up to re-program their sound decoders. They confirm in an email to me that the set-up will also program other manufacturers decoder's CV's.

The current cost is about $100 and seems to me a good complement for those who bought too early into Bachmann's E-Z Command Controller.

http://www.loksound.de/en/index.php?showId=64
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

Jim Banner

Did they happen to mention if/when they will be upgrading their software to work with Windows XP or Vista?  Running only on Windows 95, 98 or ME makes it rather obsolescent.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Seasaltchap

Jim

In some places on the site they do include XP.

I have e-mailed JMRI on the DecoderPro interface, because they do not list any ESU hardware compatability, and it seems sensible considering Bachmann's involvment.
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

James Thomas

I think people don't believe me when I say that the Precision Craft DCMaster will program Bachmann and other CV's.  It cost less than $50.00 and is very user friendly.

conradin

Quote from: Jim Banner on February 14, 2007, 12:08:26 PM
Did they happen to mention if/when they will be upgrading their software to work with Windows XP or Vista?  Running only on Windows 95, 98 or ME makes it rather obsolescent.

Actually it will be more economical to have a program run on the most ancient OS like a 95.  In that case you can buy a very old and cheap laptop, install 95 practically for free, and run the programs exclusively just for the train.   

Stephen D. Richards

Jim,  I have the LokSound programmer and although I have only programed one sound decoder, it works fine with XP.  Can't say about Vista though.   Stephen