News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Doodlebug parts

Started by OlddManWithHO, May 03, 2010, 11:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlddManWithHO

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get replacement parts for a Bachmann Doodlebug on the Internet?  I've purchased one on Ebay and it's thumping with a split gear on one of the axles.  Appreciate any advice.

Roger

hotrainlover

Try www.nwsl.com  They gave other gears, also

ABC

Or buy another doodlebug on ebay for parts. Or contact the Bachmann Parts and Service Department by phone at:800-356-3910 (toll free for US and Canada) Ext. 328 or 329 (for parts) from Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm EST.

Doneldon

...or send the thing back to the seller for a refund unless the doodie was sold as is.  BTW, "as is" seems to mean "broken and I can't or don't want to fix it but I don't really want to say that in my listing" on ebay.  At least that's been my experience.

--D

OlddManWithHO

I'm not gonna send it back cause it should be a fixable part.  I switched the split gear to a different position and it's not as noticable now.  I got it for $46 and new cost about $130 so I think I got a good deal.   However, it should be pointed out that Bachmann should be able to provide a replacement part.  I just need a link to them.

ABC

The part is not available online/ on the internet. You must contact the service department by phone at 800-356-3910 (toll free for US and Canada) Ext. 328 or 329 (for parts) from Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm EST. You can look online, but it won't do you any good because its not there; you'll just waste your time.