News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Running 2 trains?

Started by Wayne24, May 30, 2010, 08:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne24

Hey everyone i have a ton of the Bachmann Ez Track and im looking to make a layout, i have 2 of the #6 Single Crossover Turnout - Right and Left

But im wondering is there a way i can make the two track have separate power? So i can run two trains at different speeds? Im now sure if i can go about this with this type of track or can i?

ABC

Remove the metal rail joiners and replace them with Atlas plastic rail joiners and create blocks as necessary.

skipgear

I believe you will need to cut the rails in the middle of the crossover. I haven't had experiece with the N crossovers but the HO's require that you cut gaps in the rails in the section of track that crosses over between the turnouts.

Use either a track saw or a Dremel with a fine cutoff wheel to make the cuts. The dremel is probably the easiest. You may need to add feeders to power one side or the other of the cut rails in the cross over also.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

ABC

Quote from: skipgear on May 30, 2010, 09:07:03 PM
I believe you will need to cut the rails in the middle of the crossover.
If your crossover is one piece use a dremel, if you are using two turnouts to make a crossover you can use insulated rail joiners.

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Wayne24

Wow i didn't expect to get so many reply's! Thanks

I have a dremel and thats what im going to have to use. Thanks for all the information i knew about the clear rail joiners but it never crossed my mined once to use a dremel to cut the track.

Big help! Thanks again everyone.