News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

"Annie" (4-6-0) repair question

Started by WNC_Tweetsie_Fan, April 28, 2010, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNC_Tweetsie_Fan

Hi, I'm new to this site since I just purchased a used Tweetsie set.  In looking it over I discovered that the little catch for the smoke door (on the front covering the smoke switch) has broken.  From the parts diagram it looks like the metal spike that holds the plastic catch is held in by friction - just wondering has anyone had experience with replacing the plastic catch, (part #8005-0ZA07) and could offer any advice/insights before I break something ???.  Thanks, Paul

Loco Bill

Paul,

You may be able to get the part from Bachmann service.   Just press it back in with a tiny bit of super glue on the point.

When calling use the the regular number 215-533-1600
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

WNC_Tweetsie_Fan

Thanks for the advice Bill.  By the way I mistakingly called my Tweetsie 4-6-0 an "Annie", I didn't realize being new to Bachmann G scale that "Annie" refers to the Anniversary 4-6-0, which is a much more impressive unit.  But as far as I know the catch on the smoke door works the same.

Jon D. Miller

Paul,
I have the smoke box door latch and pin.  It's off one of the old RC Big Haulers.  The latch and pin appears to be the same on all Big Haulers.

Might save you some time getting this latch and pin rather than dealing with Bachmann Service for such a small item.

If interested just send me your mailing address and I'll put the latch and pin in the mail.  No charge

My e-mail is jlsclw@aol.com 

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

WNC_Tweetsie_Fan

Thanks for the kind offer Jon, I just sent you an email.   :)