? release dates for new Thomas HO items

Started by tiredmom02, April 30, 2010, 12:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiredmom02

Hi,

Could you provide current release dates for these items?

- Tidmouth Sheds and Turntable
- Bill
- Ben
- Donald
- Douglas
- Duck (? not sure it is in catalog)

FYI, my son does NOT understand why an item picture is in the catalog when the item is not available to purchase. After all, he can see a photo of it.

Thanks,
TiredMom02

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: tiredmom02 on April 30, 2010, 12:50:06 PM
Hi,

Could you provide current release dates for these items?

- Tidmouth Sheds and Turntable
- Bill
- Ben
- Donald
- Douglas
- Duck (? not sure it is in catalog)
Duck is rumored, but he is not going to be out for awhile. Various websites have been saying different dates, but if I recall, Bill and Ben are due this Summer. Donald and Douglas possibly this Christmas. No idea about Tidmouth Sheds (turntable is included with that).

Quote from: tiredmom02 on April 30, 2010, 12:50:06 PMFYI, my son does NOT understand why an item picture is in the catalog when the item is not available to purchase. After all, he can see a photo of it.
Now I'm curious too...

Best guess for me is the pictures are a prototype, and the final model has to be made ready for an assembly line.

The Chaz Storm

Hearing that someone thought Duck was coming out just makes Duck to have a higher expecting rate for next year even more it seems...
Like I've said numerous times, Duck is on product radar so I'd be surprised if he didn't come out next year. :P

Bill, Ben, and tidmouth sheds from what I heard are all due in the summer.

Donald, Douglas, and troublesome truck #3 should be out by Christmas. 

ZeldaTheSwordsman

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 01, 2010, 01:32:25 AM
Probably late November, to be precise.

I doubt it to a point. Christmas seems more believable. When something is released, it takes a few weeks to get around. October/November could be the release of D&D, but they will probably be available to us all around Christmas.

Anthony P2

well you'd be surprised. last year i got terrance and salty at a train meet in mid-november

The Chaz Storm

I got Terence in November too.  The ventilated vans I ordered however came in December right before Christmas I believe (or after, can't remember). 

Michael

I emailed Bachmann a few weeks ago about them. 
They simply said Bill and Ben were July, Donald and Douglas were due in November. 
Shift those months forwards one and there you go.   :D   

PerfectPercy

I can't seem to find the Ventilated Van at all locally. The Mail Van is no where to be seen either.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

That has nothing to do with this topic. And the vent van has been dropped.

The Chaz Storm

The ventilated van and the mail car are both still being made and produced.  If it's on the Bachmann product page it's still being made.  (Notice how the red express coaches and other discontinued items aren't there...).

But anyways back on topic.

mclarenman4ever

hay guys, i just looked on walthers home poage ,and their still getting shipment of the red coaches, 6 ton wagon, and the rf container wagon. so maybe they just took them off the bachmann product page.

thomasj219

No this is most likely the last shipment.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

PerfectPercy

the 6 ton and rf container are being retired too?

Anthony P2