22" Radius required for Gordon, Henry, Spencer?

Started by DrNickRiviera995, May 01, 2010, 05:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrNickRiviera995

I was just wondering if this was the case?  I have a track setup and I have Thomas, James and Gordon at this point and notice I'm having some trouble with Gordon but not the others.  I did notice that Gordon's train set came with the 22" radius curves, but I wasn't sure if those curves were required or not.  I haven't used that track yet, I've been using nickel silver Bachman EZ Track that I bought seperately.

the Bach-man

Dear Dr. Nick,
I've used all of them with perfect results on 18" radius.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ZeldaTheSwordsman

It's recommended because of their size, but they and their coaches can all handle standard 18" radius full speed no problem.

DrNickRiviera995

Thanks Bach-Man!  I actualy think I figured out the problem with Gordon, seems as though the front guide wheel isn't turning for some reason.  I can turn it with my finger but I noticed it doesn't turn when he's running.

I also just got Henry and ran him last night without issues.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Gordon's wheel guide may be screwed on too tightly, try loosening it.

DrNickRiviera995

That's what I was trying to do, but can't get it to budge.  Also looks like there may be an extra piece of metal or something between the wheel and axel that doesn't belong there, but I can't tell.

If I try to actualy pull the wheel off, will I break the assembly?

ZeldaTheSwordsman

If you're not careful, yes. Try wiggling it off instead of pulling, if you must remove it from the axle. The assembly can be dismantled with a screwdriver, so I don't see why you'd need to.

DrNickRiviera995

I got it moving after some more turning.  Thanks for the tips everyone.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 03, 2010, 07:48:30 PM
If you're not careful, yes. Try wiggling it off instead of pulling, if you must remove it from the axle. The assembly can be dismantled with a screwdriver, so I don't see why you'd need to.

Not all of it can be dismantled with a screwdriver. He didn't mean the screw holding the bogie to the engine. He meant the actual wheel (where there is no screw).