News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NEW TRAIN!!!

Started by Michael T., May 02, 2010, 04:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael T.

Hey guys I just got my new GE Dash 9-44 CWL. The company is BC rails. It now only runs this train in Canada though not the US. All I have to do to it to make it have sound it plug in the chip because it came with the DCC adapter board. Here is the real train with the exact engine number and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMTziUI1qb4&feature=related
I finally started on building my first layout!!!

Pacific Northern

BC Rail is no longer an active railroad.

All of its trackage and rolling stock now belong to CN.

Too bad, BC Rail was starting to become quite competitive much to the dislike of CN Rail, so they (CN) made a deal with the politicians and bought the rail operations out. BC Rail was a Provincial Crown Corporation that actually made money.

What a loss.

Pacific Northern

Michael T.

Jim Banner

I always liked BC Rail, right from its days as the PGE (Pacific Great Eastern.)  Although I don't model it specifically, I still like to run a BC Rail train on my layout.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Pacific Northern

I especially was fond of watching their electric locomotives pulling those long coal trains.
Pacific Northern

Michael T.

Hey if you guys want a video of the model train instead of the real thing here it is... (Its not my video though ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb1uaZudMHY

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: Michael T. on May 03, 2010, 07:01:00 PM
Hey if you guys want a video of the model train instead of the real thing here it is... (Its not my video though ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb1uaZudMHY

Is that your actual engine, or is it just some else's but the same number? Is that your youtube channel too if that is your engine?

Michael T.

Its the same number (4644), color, rail company, type of engine, etc. but it is not my actual train (As in, I did not buy that exact one but my train would be considered a twin to it. It is also not my youtube account. (I don't have an account)

Michael T.

If you want some real pictures here they are. (This is my train that I bought)

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

Michael T.

sorry the pictures did not come up.... anyone know how to make it so they do?

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: Michael T. on May 04, 2010, 05:50:23 PM
sorry the pictures did not come up.... anyone know how to make it so they do?

If I'm not mistaken, click the insert imgae icon (2nd column over, bottom row), and paste the codes (IMG_1842.JPG, IMG_1851.JPG, IMG_1843.JPG, IMG_1840.JPG) inbetween the image brackets.  I cannot put everything that is in each set of brackets, or else this will come up:
I'm not completely sure if this is how, but I'm petty sure.

Michael T.

Sorry but I can't get it to work... My pictures are .JPG and not /IMG