News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rosie the Pink Tank Engine

Started by Edward2, May 02, 2010, 09:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James The Red Engine

Quote from: Chaz on July 28, 2010, 03:32:54 PM
...That's actually really true.  Probably the only reason why characters like her and Mavis get so much attention even though their roles on the show when they were first introduced weren't that big...

By the logic Sparks just posted, if Rosie was a male (probably named Ronald or something male with an R) I can guarantee you he would be as popular as someone like...Billy or Dennis. :P

We only saw him in one episode and he hasn't made it back on the set since then. :P

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: James The Red Engine on July 28, 2010, 04:20:16 PM
Quote from: Chaz on July 28, 2010, 03:32:54 PM
...That's actually really true.  Probably the only reason why characters like her and Mavis get so much attention even though their roles on the show when they were first introduced weren't that big...

By the logic Sparks just posted, if Rosie was a male (probably named Ronald or something male with an R) I can guarantee you he would be as popular as someone like...Billy or Dennis. :P

We only saw him in one episode and he hasn't made it back on the set since then. :P
Exactly. Rosies only lasted in the series so long due to the double standard.

thomasj219

To tell you the truth I hate Rosie, I really hope BACHMANN doesnt make her, she is as UN-classic as it gets. The Reverend would never approve. :(
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

jettrainfan

i wish they could make Daisy instead.  :'(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

TTTE Wikia

Quote from: thomasj219 on July 28, 2010, 07:27:09 PM
To tell you the truth I hate Rosie, I really hope BACHMANN doesnt make her, she is as UN-classic as it gets. The Reverend would never approve. :(

Actually, her personality is somewhat similar to Mavis' in the Railway Series - apart from idolizing Thomas that is. ::) And as far as engine class goes, I could have seen the Reverend introducing a USA dock tank.
Visit the Thomas and Friends Wikia!

thomasj219

Not in pink and shes kinda babyish
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

JD417

honestly after i get Duck Oliver and Diesel and maybe BoCo i dont care which ones come out  ;)

densmore

Quote from: Edward2 on May 02, 2010, 09:04:23 PM
I think that Rosie the Pink Tank Engine should be made.

What an insightful, well-thought out argument. I'm absolutely convinced she needs to be made.

Not. What a pointless thread.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Hmm. I would like Rosie to be made. For one thing, there is a dearth of RTR USATC S100/SR USA-class models, and producing Rosie could generate more interest. For another, I think that because of her being a USA-class there's a fair bit that could be done with her. Character potential that HiT's writers are wasting. First of all, being a USA-class means Rosie would have seen field action in World War II. Second of all, one could actually make an interesting story based on her looking up to Thomas. Am I the only one who sees the irony there? For those who don't know why it's ironic, the USA-class made the E2-class engines obsolete, leading to them being scrapped. Except for Thomas.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: densmore on July 28, 2010, 09:09:53 PM

What an insightful, well-thought out argument. I'm absolutely convinced she needs to be made.

That's pretty rude. They just are a fan of Rosie, and would hope to see Rosie.  ::)

Michigan Railfan

Then again we do have a wishlist thread.....
And what's up with a bunch of old topics being renewed???

ZeldaTheSwordsman

New posters and people who found the topics doing web searches.

jettrainfan

reminds me when i joined... yea i made the same mistake too but my posts were a bit more....pointless  ::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

densmore

Quote from: Sparks on July 28, 2010, 10:08:36 PM
Quote from: densmore on July 28, 2010, 09:09:53 PM

That's pretty rude. They just are a fan of Rosie, and would hope to see Rosie.  ::)

Do you really think a thread was warranted for an 11-word post that contributed nothing but a pointless request?

ZeldaTheSwordsman

That was publishable literature compared to other posts I've seen. And did you read the follow-up posts? Sometimes it takes a post like that to get us seriously discussing. And a separate thread? Since we're talking about something specific, this being in its own thread keeps the discussion from being interrupted by other topics.