taking apart the new doodlebug to put in a sound decoder

Started by garyraizes, May 05, 2010, 07:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyraizes

I would like to add sound to the new gas electric doodlebug.  However, the instructions give no indication on getting it apart.  I am reluctant to start prying and unscrewing to see what happens.  Can someone tell me how to safely take it apart to change the decoder?

Thanks

Guilford Guy

There are multiple tabs that hold the shell onto the chassis. Flip the motorcar over, and pry the shell outwards with a screw driver. It will take a while to disengage all the tabs but once all are off you should be able to remove it. On the subject of sound I have no idea where the sound decoder will go as the doodlebugs have very little room at all.
Alex

pdlethbridge

use toothpicks to keep the tabs apart while you move the screw driver to the next one. work slowly and you'll soon have your doodle bug broken in 2 pieces ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guilford Guy

Quote from: pdlethbridge on May 05, 2010, 09:23:59 PM
use toothpicks to keep the tabs apart while you move the screw driver to the next one. work slowly and you'll soon have your doodle bug broken in 2 pieces ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ohhh, funny guy!
Alex

richg

If you have not looked into it, a Tsunami Galloping Goose or Rail Truck 678-827110 is what some people use. I just checked Litchfield and they have it for $95.00, free shipping. Not sure about which speaker but Litchfield is very good at answering email.
I have bought from them for at least three years. I just received some decoders, speakers, resistors, LED's  from them.

Rich

WTierce1

A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad