What is the diference between a spectrum(DCC) & Regular (DCC) ????

Started by kamerad47, May 04, 2010, 05:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamerad47

I have a new spectrum 45 ton (DCC) It runs great go's over the the inslufrogs & crossovers great! The new 44 ton & 70 ton are bachmann regular DCC loco's . they have problems doing the same thing you have to keep the speed up!!! is it the motors or pickups ?? how can you make the run smoother???

ABC

There is none, except for the newer the loco the better the technology.

kamerad47

They all a brand new Loco's & the spectrum is so much smoother at slower speeds !!!!

ABC

No they aren't, the 45 ton came out fairly recently while the 44 and 70 tonners have been out for at least 10 years. You must not have understood my original post.

Pacific Northern

The 45 ton is of course a Spectrum model and the info from the catalogue indicates that it has a precision motor and has low speed gearing. The 44 ton and 70 ton engine information for the catalogue indicates these two do not have the low speed gearing, nor a precision motor.

That would account for the superior running capabilites of the 45 ton Spectrum engine.
Pacific Northern

Edo

Hello,
I am about to install a Tsunami TSU-1000 in a Spectrum Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidation that is DCC ready.
The installed plug does not have pins 3 or 7.
I believe pin 3 is not normally used but Pin 7 seems to be needed for Function (Blue).
Should I remove the Bachmann PCB and hardwire the TSU-1000?  Or is there a component on the PCB that is not not covered by the TSU-1000?
Thanks   Edo