News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Night Time Photography

Started by ebtbob, May 09, 2010, 12:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

This past Thursday,  May 6, 2010,  my son Darryl and I had an opportunity to be part of a night photo shoot at Steamtown,  in Scranton, Pa.   The shoot was run by Peter Lerro Productions.   Following are some pix from that shoot. 
        The three engines included are the U.P. Big Boy,  freshly painted but not relettered yet,  a Grand Trunk Western 4-8-2,  and a Reading T-1 #2124.   The last pix is of the "engineer" climbing up to his cab.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

J3a-614

Nice shots!  While not 100% historically accurate (i.e., what looks like a modern automobile or some other thing is in the background in one shot--says something about how tough to really recreate the past full scale is), the pix still capture the atmosphere of steam railroading that draws us so.  It's just too bad that in the world of marketing, or commercial development, or entertainment (i.e., movie-making) we rail enthusiasts "don't get no resepect."  Heck, we're lucky to see what is actually some pretty good model work in that series with the cheeky blue engine. To most of the rest of the world in my experience, we're crazy "choo choo Charlies."

Thanks for reminding us that this is not really so.   

ebtbob

Thanks J3a,

Actually,  there was no real attempt to make a historical setting.  The real reason for the shoot was so that Peter Lerro,  the person putting on the shoot,  could test his new lighting system.
      If you look real close,  you will see that all the engines are missing some of their side rods.   But all in all,  it was a fun evening for me.   It was my first opportunity to use my digital camera in a night setting and I spent most of the four hours trying settings etc.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Jim Banner

A man, a plan, a camera.
Nice job, ebtbob.

And thanks for sharing.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

pdlethbridge

Sort of helps me remember the wonderful night time photos of the master, O Winston Link.

Colorado_Mac

ebtbob

This was my first experience at a Peter Lerro night photo shoot.   He does a number of different types including such subjects as lighthouses.   I am going to one on the East Broad Top in October.  Most of Peter's shoots are limited to the number of people that may attend.  If interested,  he has a website.  Sorry I do not know the link but I am sure you can find him thru a simple web search.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress