News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dead Annie

Started by he74301, May 07, 2010, 11:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

he74301

My Annie has recently died and I think I might have cooked the motor. It was running on Aristocraft 18V 7 Amp track power. It was running fine and then just stopped. Can you run these locos on that power? Or are they only for use on the less powerful Bachmann power packs?
Martin D Taylor

the Bach-man

Dear he,
Were you pulling heavy loads? Did it short out while derailed?
Contact service to make repair arrangements.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

he74301

Hi Bach Man, it was not a big load just 3 or 4 cars. I have 2 other standard Big Haulers and I am worried that if I use the more powerful track power I will ruin them too! Also there was no derailment.
Martin D Taylor

Francois

Amp of power has no consequence on the loco, only voltage.
Your loco consums only amps it needs.
If voltage is to high (and then speed is to high too), it can damage your motor.
But I think that Annie tolerates 18V.

If necessary, replacement motor is available on spare parts Bachmann website :
http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_69_148&products_id=574

Sorry for my very poor english :-\

he74301

Thanks Francois that is very helpful and your English is fine.  :)
Martin D Taylor

NarrowMinded

Make sure to check all the wires I had a motor wire break off from vibration on some roughly laid track around the christmas tree a simple resolder fixed it right up.
NM

he74301

Thanks NM. There is a loose red wire that is connected to the plug that attaches to the  brass pickup. It is about 10 inches long but I dont know where it connects to. Does it go to the front of the loco? Also there is a black wire come adrift from the front truck.
Martin D Taylor

NarrowMinded

There is a diagram in the products referance section that should show you where the wires belong

NM

he74301

Thanks NM I think it must go to the motor direction change switch in the front smoke box.
Martin D Taylor

NarrowMinded

Curious if you got her running?

NM

Barry BBT

When you solve your problem, I have new motors and gearboxes for the Annie cheaper than you'll get them from Bachmann

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.

he74301

Hi NM, I haven't done anything yet because I am not sure where the red plug-in wire goes to. The wiring diagram is not clear as to where the red wire goes to. Any suggestions? I think it goes to the direction switch located ate the front of the loco in the smokebox.
Martin D Taylor

Barry BBT

If the red wire is long enough to reach the back of the switch it probably belongs there, it will attach to a center post.

If it is short with a plug on the end, it goes into one of the long brass strips in the bottom plate, you can see a recepticle for the plug.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.