Auditions for any Thomas Fan!!!!

Started by alex wittman, May 09, 2010, 12:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex wittman

Hello all,
I have officially put up auditions for characters in my Bachmann Thomas series "The New Adventures of Thomas and his Friends." now I know I made this announcement before and it was false, I apologize, but to show you it's real, I will post the "Pilot Episode" basically dressing the blank set and running the trains, kind of like Captain Punjab. but if you have a YouTube account and want to audition, heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6rGx4sCNE

might not make sense, but to summerize,

rules are

1. use audio format and [a] pictures of the engine/engines your auditioning for. (doesn't matter whether their your bachmann hornby tv series model cgi, what ever, just as long as its the character your doing.)

2. I will not accept video auditions( not to be a fuddy duddy but I only like audio format with pictures so I don't have to watch the camera shake around like an earthquake is happening.)

3. I don't know what three is but I might figure it out in rule #4.

4. ignore what I said about toby, audition for toby, he'll be in a few first episodes.

5. I just like making rules, I have no idea what Rule 5 is.

there are the rules, just ask if you have questions( other than the facts that I put extra rules that mean nothing at all type of questions.) any who.

GOOD LUCK,

Alex Wittman

J3a-614

I've been staying up too late, too--shouldn't be here at all. . .:-)

But. . .

A terrible, wicked idea came to me. . .

What about an American variant?  We have a Dockside tank engine Jonathan has been working on that was called "Little Joe," I can picture Pat the Pacific (either female or a really broguey Irish accent), Big Mike the Mike, Ephraim the elderly Shay, Big Al the Allegheny (that's what the museum staff at the Henry Ford Musuem calls the 1601 that's there), Anotole and Antoinette the old Mallets, Old Maude the old grandma Mallet (B&O's original Mallet, which was the first one in America, really was called that) of course Connie the 2-8-0, Frank the F--T (he stinks) (no, can't really use that one, the kids have enough bad habbits now). . .

That bit about the trio of old Mallets reminded me of a story, in a Guinness book of railroad facts, feats, and other things, about the three oldest railroad employees on record.  They all worked in a roundhouse on a road in South America.  Their ages were, at the time of their "discovery," 101, 100, and a relatively young 97!  The senior member of the trio would annoy his two slightly younger coworkers by addressing them as "Sonny" . . .

This is a true story.  I'm not good enough to make this up.

I won't be fooling with it, but maybe someone else can do something.  How good is your writing?

alex wittman

well, considering I want to try and make comedy, but the only writing I can do is something with a moral at the end, I am not made out of comedy mind you, so I might need help with scripts too, editing and audio effects.

ClearwtaerMK2

You know TTTE is not supposed to be that funny.

jettrainfan

Its a series! let him do what he wants!  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: J3a-614 on May 09, 2010, 12:22:26 AM
Big Al the Allegheny (that's what the museum staff at the Henry Ford Musuem calls the 1601 that's there),

Is it really? That's pretty interesting. I've been to the museum many times, and have gone in the cab of that beast a couple of times. Have you ever been there, J3a-614? I love that place, and Greenfield village, especially riding on the train. I know this is off topic, but I was just curious.

J3a-614

Blink,

That's something I read about the place, I'm afraid I haven't had the chance to get out there (the furthest west I've been is Columbus, Ohio, and that was a while back).  At the same time, I've seen some videos on YouTube, and you're right, it looks cool even on the small screen.  Would love to go through that roundhouse, and watch the crews working on the overhaul of that classy 4-4-0.  The Hecla Mason-Fairlie engine is UNIQUE in capital letters, and there is a beautiful, classic 4-4-2 in the collection that is out of the Gibson Girl era.  Why, my Allegheny seems common in terms of rarity and survivability in comparison!  There is a fellow on the other pages, a P. D. Lethbridge, who models New England in HO and likes smaller power (and pines for a good Manchester or Schenectady 2-6-0); he would appreciate this engine as well, which resembles a number of engines on the New Haven and the NYC.  All of this is in a setting that could be a big model railroad set up for continuous running

Do you have any interest in West Virginia mountain railroading?  It turns out to have been a fairly hot topic in the HO threads of late, and while I have to admit to being a major contributor, I must also say the interest is apparently shared. 

Come on over for a look if you haven't already done so.