News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

European 0n30

Started by lasse, May 11, 2010, 06:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasse

We have in Austria and Germany many systems running on 750/760 mm track. Also in other european countries-This is the correct size
for 0n30 !!  In Austria many lines run today with both modern and with historical steamers. Do you have any plans for a european line ?

kcsivils

I would hope Bachmann would consider it. While two foot gauge, the German military in WW I built a lot of feldbahn, I think that is the correct spelling, locomotives for their trench railway system that handled logistical supply. The Americans, British and French all built similar equipment, also to two foot gauge.

My personal favorite though are the 2-10-2s on the Harz Mountain system. While metre gauge, I would think these would sell on both continents. Americans would probably use them as bash fodder.

If nothing else, they could be "visiting" locomotives.

Just a thought.

lasse

Yes-the Harz locos are heavy but meter gauge-Mariazellebahn in Austria would be perfect 760 mm gauge-the preserved loco type Mh6
is a heavy steamer-Roco # 33260 in H0e-they also other versions of the same loco
Lasse

Hamish K

Liliput, Bachmann's European branch, currently has a range of HOe (the German version of On30, i.e. HO scale running on N gauge track) narrow gauge equipment. There are 2 classes of 0-6-2 tank locos and 3 types of diesels, plus rolling stock. I would have thought, given the world wide popularity of On30, they might consider making O scale versions of this range. This would however be a matter for Liliput to decide, not Bachmann Industries in the USA. Note that, if by any chance they were to do this, the scale might not be American O scale (1:48) but Oe (1:45 on HO scale track) as 1:45 is more common for O in Europe.

Here's hoping

Hamish

Hamish K

I just noticed an error in my post, HOe is of course the equivalent on HOn30, not On30!

Sorry

Hamish

steinked

Hi kcsivils,

the 2-10-2T of Harzer Schmalspurbahnen are meter gauge. But there are 2-10-2T of similar build on the Saxonian narrow gauge lines, which have 750mm (30in) gauge and would be the better prototype for 0n30:
http://www.bimmelbahn.de/galerie/fbb/cranzahl_9840.htm

Regards Dieter
Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

kcsivils

Dieter,

Thanks for posting the photo!

I so want one of those in On30.

Kevin

Ken

Dieter

Can already see the making's of a Rio Turbio 2-10-2 for Argentina .

Ken Clark
         Gwn

on30gn15

Quote from: steinked on May 12, 2010, 06:56:01 AMprototype for 0n30:
http://www.bimmelbahn.de/galerie/fbb/cranzahl_9840.htm

Light reflection from snow really brightens up red underside of that baby  8)
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest