The next LS engine after James?

Started by Ropley101, May 12, 2010, 10:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ropley101

What would be the next loco after James for the large scale range? What do you think?
Gordon? Toby?
Early in the morning,
Down at the station,
All the little engines
Standing in a row.
Along comes the driver,
Pulls the little lever
Puff, puff! Chuff, chuff!
Off we go!

therailwayinspector

Probably Toby and then Henry and Gordon I think.... Or Edward!
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

DrNickRiviera995

I would sorta think Gordon or Toby next.  Henry and Edward don't seem so popular.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: DrNickRiviera995 on May 12, 2010, 01:45:06 PM
I would sorta think Gordon or Toby next.  Henry and Edward don't seem so popular.
What are you talking about? Of course they are popular! I imgine the engines coming out in large scale will come out in the same order as HO scale. My guess Gordon and Henry and the Green express coaches  considering the red ones have been discontinued.

DrNickRiviera995

Well of course they are popular.  I just mean in comparison to Gordon and Toby.  All the originals are must haves, but Edward and Henry don't seem like they are used as much as the main focus of many of the stories in the show.

PerfectPercy

Toby seems to have just as much airtime as Henry and Edward. Gordon and Henry will probably be made. The large scale engines might just go in the order of the HO range.

N&W475

The Chaz Storm

I would say Gordon would be a really nice edition to the large scale range along with Henry.  But both of them just seem like they'd be too expensive to make into large scale.  That's why I think Toby seems more likely.  Him and Henrietta coming out along with some more rolling stock would be nice.  I think Bertie would be nice too in that range for a wider variety in that range but that's just me...

Guilford Guy

I don't know if you'll see that much more in the Large Scale line. I'd be very surprised if Bachmann did choose to come out with a longer wheelbase or larger drivered locomotive in that range.
Alex

thomasj219

So would I. If they continue making more engines I doubt they will be large. If they are they will be extremley expensive. JAMES is 300 Picture Gordon or SPENCER. :o
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

StanierJack

If anything, Toby or Edward. Simply down to size, cost et all.

The Chaz Storm

Judging by each engine that is currently made by HO here's what I think:
Gordon - May seem likely but it would be really expensive and I imagine it wouldn't sell that well.
Henry - Ditto
Spencer - Ditto X2
Toby - Most probable compared to the other engines.  Has a decent sized fan base and continues to play a major role in the series.
Emily - Possible, they are doing James, I can see Emily and her coaches coming out in Large scale.
Edward - If the range continues to be successful then possibly, like what Guilford Guy said I don't see the range going far.  Probably no more then one or two more years.
Mavis - Possible, she's popular with the fan base for sure, could be a nice engine to come out with Toby. 
Salty - Unlikely.  Wouldn't sell well in the range IMO.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Chaz on May 16, 2010, 12:13:16 AM
Judging by each engine that is currently made by HO here's what I think:
Gordon - May seem likely but it would be really expensive and I imagine it wouldn't sell that well.
Henry - Ditto
Spencer - Ditto X2
Toby - Most probable compared to the other engines.  Has a decent sized fan base and continues to play a major role in the series.
Emily - Possible, they are doing James, I can see Emily and her coaches coming out in Large scale.
Edward - If the range continues to be successful then possibly, like what Guilford Guy said I don't see the range going far.  Probably no more then one or two more years.
Mavis - Possible, she's popular with the fan base for sure, could be a nice engine to come out with Toby. 
Salty - Unlikely.  Wouldn't sell well in the range IMO.
What about Bill and Ben and Donald and Douglas?

ThomasFan247

Won't happen. More than likely we'd get Gordon, Henry, Edward, Toby, or Emily.

The Chaz Storm

When I meant currently made I mean models that are currently out.  But if you must know I can tell you right now that Donald, Douglas, Bill, and Ben aren't gonna be in the large scale range anytime soon, so I wouldn't count on it.  Same goes to engines who aren't in the current HO range like Duck, Diesel, etc.