Main Menu

2 truck g-scale shay

Started by rye, May 12, 2010, 06:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rye

hi
i am going to put this sound in my shay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120555770767

does anyone have a instructions sheet on how to take the coal cap off the train ,i hate taking them apart they never go back easy  HELP :o

Jon D. Miller

rye,
I assume you are making reference to removing the fuel/coal bunker from either a 36 ton or 38 ton Shay.

The bunker is held in place by one Phillips head screw and two tabs.

Remove the water fill hatch. It is just pushed in place in the fill hatch opening.  The picture shows the hatch removed; that is the opening just to the rearof the fuel bunker. There is a "well" under the hatch that has the attaching Phillips head screw.  Remove the screw.

Now lift up slightly on the back of the bunker.  There are two tabs, one on each water leg that attach the front of the bunker to the floor. Be careful when lifting the bunker so that the tabs are not broken.  By tipping the bunker forward the tab will release and the bunker is removed.

This is the bunker removed.  Note to the right of the picture, on the water legs are the tabs that attach the bunker to the floor.

This should get you inside to the circuit board and gain access to install your sound system.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

rye

hi
thank you
i got it off, now do you have a wiring chart i need to hook up the power leds and the chuff leds ,do i need to keep the weight in the rear ill have the room for the board and wires with out it thanks again rye

rye

hi
does anyone have there shay wiring diagram that they could post or send to me  at   merye1@aol.com  thankyou rye

dgtrrco

RYE!! Im sending you a wiring diagram for the shea to your email. If anyone else would like a copy please email me at:  dgtrrco@bellsouth.net. and Ill be glad to send a copy.